GameStop was very cool today

SensesFail

WiiChat Member
May 6, 2007
Ohio
so i went there after school to see how much they would give me for my Wii and they told me $160.00, they also told me not to trade it in and just sell it. they actually told me to hang around the store because they get about 100 calls a day asking for wiis.

well five minutes went by and there was 3 phone calls and 3 customers looking for Wiis. the third customer offered to buy my wii, wii play, and guitar hero 3 for 300 dollars. I'm losing 90 dollars in the process but it is all used stuff, so id say thats a pretty good deal.

the gamestop employees wanted me to make a sign that said "i have a wii" an stand outside to see how many people would flock around me lol.

i just thought it was cool that they let me "loider" and try to sell MY gaming stuff at their store. they even told the people who called "we have someone here who's looking to sell a used one" they even helped pursuade the lady by telling her that im in there all the time trading games in that are always in good condishon.

everybody always says how gamestop employees are pompous assholes but i think i got lucky with the store by my house lol, theyve always been cool to me (except when i bought a wii, one of the guys there made fun of me and said his g/f tried to make him play it one day but he refused lol)

PS3 TOMARROW!

:lol: thats pretty cool..rare in a way but pretty cool

oh and...congrats on the PS3

welcome to the dark side...

PS3's arent that great right now.. I'm probably gonna get one when the price goes down again, and once they have some god 1st party games.

Plus nice story.

I wish my gamestop was like that, mine is full of people that talk to quiet to hear I can't stand it. I'm thinking of getting a ps3 to, but I think i'm going to wait until ff13.

The staff at my EB Games store are quite similar. While I was trading in some old games they advised me that I would be better off keeping them and that their trade in value for games was a rip off. However, I needed the money so I ended up on selling the games.

yeah, ps3 is realling starting to get some good games
remember when wii was all ready release all those awesome games in november and everyone was hyped? thats whats happening to the PS3 now. except its spread out over the next like..5 months, so it's a bit early, but still a good time to buy a PS3 IMO, plus spiderman3 on blu-ray for free, and idn about that deal w/the five free movies, but i hope its still going on.

Lol nice story dude.

I was in Game the other day and one of the workers game out from the back with a wii in his hand, about five parents eyes lit up because they were in there looking to buy wiis for their kids for x-mas. Sadly it had been pre-ordered and the guy was just there to pick it up lol, they all flocked around him asking him if he'd just walked in and bought it or pre-ordered.. quite funny to watch knowing you've got one yourself.

surfinrach90 said:
Lol nice story dude.

I was in Game the other day and one of the workers game out from the back with a wii in his hand, about five parents eyes lit up because they were in there looking to buy wiis for their kids for x-mas. Sadly it had been pre-ordered and the guy was just there to pick it up lol, they all flocked around him asking him if he'd just walked in and bought it or pre-ordered.. quite funny to watch knowing you've got one yourself.

lol, i love watching peole freak otu trying to get their hands on a wii, its so much more fun knowing i got mine the first time i tried :lol:

EDIT: so that blu-ray offer, do those movies ever change, cause im not likeing my options to much right now, i mean..i cant complain cause their free, i just wondered if they ever change them around. anybody do this?

Last edited:
My techer is currently trying to buy a wii off me and my friends in school.:lol:
He's like "My borther wants one for christmas and ill buy it off of you kids for 300$, sound fair?"
I just said nah, (mine has 90% worth of VC games:lol:) then laughed when he left.:lol:

First of all, I hated spiderman 3. That movie was so bad, cheesy, and just boring that it made me want to puke...(Sadly, I've seen it four times... in theaters.(I hate my friends.))

Second of all, that's a really good story. I'm glad to see Gamestop employees actually being kind instead of their routine selfs.

Third of all, when did you get your wii? Because, right now the wii's upside is just as great as the PS3's right now. And, this particular holiday season should be completely dominated by the 360. Which, by far as the best software out there. (So, in other words I would have gotten a 360 over a PS3 any day. That is, if I just wanted one console)

Software: 360 > PS3 > Wii
Exclusives: 360 > Wii > PS3

nic7 said:
First of all, I hated spiderman 3. That movie was so bad, cheesy, and just boring that it made me want to puke...(Sadly, I've seen it four times... in theaters.(I hate my friends.))

Second of all, that's a really good story. I'm glad to see Gamestop employees actually being kind instead of their routine selfs.

Third of all, when did you get your wii? Because, right now the wii's upside is just as great as the PS3's right now. And, this particular holiday season should be completely dominated by the 360. Which, by far as the best software out there.

Software: 360 > PS3 > Wii
Exclusives: 360 > Wii > PS3
well i'm keeping my 360, im no fool. as much as i hate microsoft theres no denying the the great software exclusives backing them up.
i bought my wii about 8 months ago, served me well, i by no means hate the wii, just bored of its sub-par games. (ill admit theres a few good ones, but ive played over 35 games on it, have all the save files to prove it lol)
as for spiderman 3, no where NEAR 2, or even 1, but still...its a spiderman movie with great special effects, but i know what ur saying, i didnt enjoy it that much either. maybe HD will make it better lol

SensesFail said:
EDIT: so that blu-ray offer, do those movies ever change, cause im not likeing my options to much right now, i mean..i cant complain cause their free, i just wondered if they ever change them around. anybody do this?

When the current offer ends, it's possible that they may go another one with a slightly different choice of movies, but then yours purchase date would not qualify (I think they've done this at least once already). So bottom line, you're probably stuck with that selection of movies and I agree, they're not the best choices.

Back