Gears of War 2

The fake gun shown at the conference was amazing:lol:

See? I told you all those claims that Gears 2 was not in development were all lies because they weren't allowed to say anything for strategic purposes.

T3kNi9e said:
See? I told you all those claims that Gears 2 was not in development were all lies because they weren't allowed to say anything for strategic purposes.
they announced way earlier that itd be a trilogy, anyone who doubted a second was just a plain ol idiot.

Billy said:
Well being an obsessive Gears player. This leaves me alot to think about. Over the last couple of weeks me and a friend have been discussing what the possible outcomes of the sequel could be. Lets start with saying, I think the game will be a prequel. The reason for this is pretty clear, the original game Marcus starts out in jail. Something is fishy here right? Well he was put in jail for a reason, although I havn't read the book. A friend has, I will go more into the reasoning behind Marcus being in jail and what happened before another time.

The trailer further confirms that this game is a prequel, is that the voice that is screaming "they're all dead", or something along the lines of that, sounds alot like Carmine. Who was killed in Gears of War 1. This means that a prequel is the only possibility.

Another voice is heard in the trailer that clearly says "if anything happens to me, promise you will look for Maria". Now this statement makes me think that this is Marcus's dad. Because not any old average Joe would ask Marcus to look for "Maria" if anything happens to him. It just so happens that in Gears of War 1, his dad is already dead. So if this is his dads voice, it must be a prequel, or their is a chance this is just a flashback.

One more thing, at the end of the trailor, the sound effects used sound a little bit like a jail cell, and some keys. This isn't anything concrete, just speculation. This could lead me to thinking that the cell noices are linked to Marcus being in jail in number 1. The end couple of sounds near the end of the trailer is definitely a door of some sort. It just has to be the cell Marcus starts off in. After going through the trailer again, and again, the voice saying "if anything happens to me, promise you will look for Maria" sounds more like his dad.

The prequel could easily involve the immulsion wars, and the day the Locusts start the attack on the surface of the earth. Epic Games couldn't leave such a massive part of the story out the game. Why would they create mystery around Marcus and his dad. If we aren't going to have a prequel to find out exactly what went on. Remember what I say next, Marcus was framed, or putting him in jail was a mistake.

A friend of mine said this and I must say it really makes sense. Number 2 a prequel leaving Number 3 to finish the fight as a sequel to number 1.

Last edited:
Cpt.McCloud said:
A friend of mine said this and I must say it really makes sense. Number 2 a prequel leaving Number 3 to finish the fight as a sequel to number 1.

say have u had any hand in making star wars movies? jk:lol:

nice speculation

the story isnt that great anyways to speculate so much.

btw carmine was killed about 50 times in gow1.

Last edited:
Cpt.McCloud said:

That friend would be me. :)

Despite this speculation, another conclusion has came to mind...

How foolish of me. The voice that says "if anything happens to me, promise you will look for Maria" is not his dad. This has to be Dom. After some discussion with Ash. We think we have cracked what exactly Gears of War 2 will hold. Well some of it. Gears of War 2 will not be a prequel, it won't be a sequel either. It will be a sequel/prequel. Ok lets take ourselves back in time. Gears of War 1, if you remember the stranded camp? Cole says something along the lines of "so you hang out with stranded", and Dom replies "I'm looking for someone". He doesn't tell Cole he is looking for his wife, because they aren't close. On the other hand Marcus knows about this, and stays quiet.

Gears of War 2 will continue what is happening after Gears of War 1. But I have a feeling Marcus will have some kind of flashback, which will reveil what happened before he was put into jail. This will tie up lose ends while moving along the story...

I think Marcus was put in jail for leaving his squad to save his father...

What do you guys think? Am I close to cracking this or what!:)

Bleh, I hated Gears of War. I sold it and bought Viva Pinata I think...which is waaaaaay better.

Lol, either you are young or stupid. Gears is one of the best 360 games IMO :p Especially since there is no other shooter like it, atleast no multiplayer. The only thing I didn't like about Gears was the way they did the online. Anyone can host even stupid people with bad connection. Since most all fights were shotty fights it would make bullets delay which messed up your timing. But thats another story :p

Back