Gears of War is Overrated...

Joe said:
I havent played it but I think from the looks of it it was probably overated....it also tried to overshadowed twilight princess back in 06....but I still think TP is still the best ****ing game around! Gears of War was probably just a game were a 360 owner could brag....but really we all know it was nothing special
to be honest i thought twillight princess is overated...but its still good.

swiper said:
rainbow six , call duty 3, are better fps
Gears of War is 3rd person shooter! (noob)

I've noticed ALL of you are backing up the nintendo games, your all just fanboys that dislike 360 and prefer your precious wii.

Icetrash said:
Here we go again, Sovieto making crazy excuses just to back up his console.
what crazy excuses

and metriodz in nintendo world i guess those are hardcore games, but in everywhere else world SSBM is the only one i could think of the top of my head

some people i guess hate me because i got a 360, and some newbs think i just joined this forum to "flame" with, oh dare god, facts.

Sovieto is one of those people that think they are right no matter what, if he gets something he will protect what he bought and say its the best choice with stupid comments, being biased because he mentions the good about his **** but the bad about others. He would be one of those idiots in ur school that say **** like omfg look at how good my **** is yours is horrible blah blah blah. STFU. GoW is OVERRATED.

NintendoGamer said:
Sovieto is one of those people that think they are right no matter what, if he gets something he will protect what he bought and say its the best choice with stupid comments, being biased because he mentions the good about his **** but the bad about others. He would be one of those idiots in ur school that say **** like omfg look at how good my **** is yours is horrible blah blah blah. STFU. GoW is OVERRATED.
no, give me example? theres an even amount of people defending gow on this thread than people saying it is overrated
your just a little fanboy who makes stupid threads trying to stir a motion :thumbsup:
you dont even say: i think gow is overrated, you just say it is, therefor you want to make some people defend and make yourself look like the awesome person who thinks a killer app isnt that great, well your opinion sucks more than anyone elses cause your a fanboy, idk what you got against M$

Last edited:
you know what, I'm gonna get some popcorn because this thread has become very funny....:yesnod:
But I don't understand this: Sovieto thinks it's a good game and it is'nt overated
Nintendo gamer thinks it's overated and prefers twilight princess... leave it there. It does'nt matter if it's overated Sovieto and other peeps enjoy it and thats what EPIC wanted to do, Soo what if you don't like you don't have to make a stupid thread about how you think that twillight Princess deserves more hype that gears of War. As Kamikaze once said:
Kamikaze said:
Stop posting multiple threads about your bitching and whining of what you want...

really who cares!:wtf:

Honestly I think Gears of War is one of the best games to come out in a long time.

It does live up to all the hype, IMO.

hi, im new here, but i thought id stick in my 2 cents!! im currently waiting for my wii too arrive but i do have a 360 and i have had a lot of consoles starting with a nes, and iv gotta say GoW is an amazing game and i feel it is really addictive, the gameplay is perfect you just wanna keep coming back for more! i got it for xmas and played it solid for about a week, playing it in high def definately makes a difference too. and someone said earlier in this thread about a crap button layout, i think the button layout is perfect, the controls are very easy to pick up. so in my opinion the game is not over rated, and im not a M$ fanboy cos i still own a nes, a psp, and a ps2 and my wii is coming which i am very excited about.

but im thinking of getting rainbow six next cos iv heard its good.

I kind of agree.
Before hand let me say that I really liked this game.
It's just it's basically another Halo or Quake or Unreal, that has been made over and over again.
Sure it looks nice but it's not enticing after a while.
I hated the 8 hour game play.
The only reason I'd buy this game would be for multiplayer.
But everything grows old after a while...

the thing is all the people saying "i completed it in 8, 10 12 hours" the fact is you couldnt put it down cos its addictive!! thus making it a good game!! lol

but hey ill leave it there, cos im new here and dont wanna get flamed!! there seems to be quite a bit of hostility on this site!! lol :D

and metriodz in nintendo world i guess those are hardcore games, but in everywhere else world SSBM is the only one i could think of the top of my head

I think your definition of hardcore games is a little too focused. its a very loose word.. 'Hardcore'.

I can see wene you think of this word u get a picture of alot of things happening on screen at once and alot of fast decisions to make based on whats going on(and possibly lots of big guns!). Other people.. like metroidZ also think about hardcore gaming from games that you can spend alot of time getting involved in, both gameplay and game event(story) wise.

I think the media has kind of created the whole hardcore gaming thing as being about serious, fast paced action games.

so taking a step back, why would people not like GoW becuase it had fast paced-running around shooting type gameplay? GoW infact apeals to both casual and more serious gamers imo.

one thing id like to point out is that mario/metroid games etc have no difficulty level.. there is no easy way through the game. Metroid Prime for example was a pretty hard game in places - if i remember right there was also a hard-mode option after completing the game which was near impossible.

There's hard/challenging games - some difficult and demanding in different ways.
Theres Hardcore Players - players who demand alot of some kind of challenge from their games.
Hardcore games? - i dont think its a good way to label any kind of game.

Yes the majority of nintendo games dont involve this fast paced action typed gameplay, but i think 'Hardcore' was the wrong word to use here.

sorry if iv gone a little deep here, but please feel free to argue any point i make, i dont think im being unfair :).

Last edited:
pugme said:
the thing is all the people saying "i completed it in 8, 10 12 hours" the fact is you couldnt put it down cos its addictive!! thus making it a good game!! lol

but hey ill leave it there, cos im new here and dont wanna get flamed!! there seems to be quite a bit of hostility on this site!! lol :D

WRONG.
It's a game and I'm going to play and beat it.
There really isn't an addicting nature to any game.
and your post was irrelevant.

I aint no fanboy... I love nba2k7 n nhl 2k7 on xbl at my friends house and graw is ok too...im sayin GoW is OVERRATED cause look at it like this almost 3 quarters of the ppl on X3F say that Rainbow six vegas online is jus as good as GoW and wasnt even close to being as hyped...

imae said:
I think your definition of hardcore games is a little too focused. its a very loose word.. 'Hardcore'.

I can see wene you think of this word u get a picture of alot of things happening on screen at once and alot of fast decisions to make based on whats going on(and possibly lots of big guns!). Other people.. like metroidZ also think about hardcore gaming from games that you can spend alot of time getting involved in, both gameplay and game event(story) wise.

I think the media has kind of created the whole hardcore gaming thing as being about serious, fast paced action games.

so taking a step back, why would people not like GoW becuase it had fast paced-running around shooting type gameplay? GoW infact apeals to both casual and more serious gamers imo.

one thing id like to point out is that mario/metroid games etc have no difficulty level.. there is no easy way through the game. Metroid Prime for example was a pretty hard game in places - if i remember right there was also a hard-mode option after completing the game which was near impossible.

There's hard/challenging games - some difficult and demanding in different ways.
Theres Hardcore Players - players who demand alot of some kind of challenge from their games.
Hardcore games? - i dont think its a good way to label any kind of game.

Yes the majority of nintendo games dont involve this fast paced action typed gameplay, but i think 'Hardcore' was the wrong word to use here.

sorry if iv gone a little deep here, but please feel free to argue any point i make, i dont think im being unfair :).
i was more or less giving my def. of hardcore, but i did state that hardcore means different things elsewhere (ex: nintendo's hardcore games)
nintendo gamer i just dont liek him cause hes a fanboy
and gow is nothing like unreal or halo! you must not have played GoW or have a very dim light over shooters, because halo and unreal are all about getting in there running around and killing super fast, gow is actually like real life where you use guriella warfare, (until you meet up then its who can stay the most calm with a shotgun)

Last edited:
so if its not addictive, surely u would have just played it a bit then turned it off and not just have completed it in one go??

i was just saying, i think the game has quite an addictive gameplay, its fun, jesus lighten up geezer!

Back