Gears of War is Overrated...

this is what really sparked my disccussion in the whole hardcore thing.

Sovieto said:
you all like ninty so your not really hardcore gamers

:ee5k: I have spent almost 60 hours playing Zelda TP, its not the hardest game (although some of the last dungeons wer tricky puzzle-wise.. and finding all the items takes some heavy thought), but i would consider 60 hours in any single player game Hardcore-Gaming. :cornut:

I like Gow, i wont spend as long as 60 hours with it (single+multi), but i would also consider myself a hardcore gamer having played through Casual+HCore difficulties and goten into the insane mode abit.

imae said:
this is what really sparked my disccussion in the whole hardcore thing.

:ee5k: I have spent almost 60 hours playing Zelda TP, its not the hardest game (although some of the last dungeons wer tricky puzzle-wise.. and finding all the items takes some heavy thought), but i would consider 60 hours in any single player game Hardcore-Gaming. :cornut:

I like Gow, i wont spend as long as 60 hours with it (single+multi), but i would also consider myself a hardcore gamer having played through Casual+HCore difficulties and goten into the insane mode abit.
yah..im not saying zelda isnt hardcore, or ninty dosent have any hardcore games, but theres just not a lot

No, Gears of War is a great game. At least in my opinion. Gears of War is the 360s game, as is Zelda for Wii. And right now, Resistance is the game for PS3. Later in the year, Halo 3 is gonna be the 360-game-to-get, as will be SSBB and Mario Galaxy for Wii... So far, nothin' goods comin' for PS3 that I know of.

EDIT: I added Mario Galaxy as a game to get for Wii and forgot about MGS4 because I wasn't so psyched about it now that I know I'm not gettin a PS3

Last edited:
ThatGuy127 said:
No, Gears of War is a great game. At least in my opinion. Gears of War is the 360s game, as is Zelda for Wii. And right now, Resistance is the game for PS3. Later in the year, Halo 3 is gonna be the 360-game-to-get, as will be SSBB for Wii... So far, nothin' goods comin' for PS3 that I know of.
lair, metal gear solid, idk

what was your definition of 'hardcore games' again? ^_^ on your previous terms zelda isnt hardcore.. thats why i dont like labelling any game with this word, things get confusing and we begin to lose context.
imo hardcore gaming/gamer is a state of play(or a kind of gamer), i don't believe hardcore is a kind of game.

my point was just becuase i like ninty doesnt mean im not a hardcore gamer, and that zelda, and most nintendo games i think, can be played with just as much immersiveness as GoW (in different ways).

But i understand your original point, you said you thought that nintendo gamers didnt like GoW becuase it was too hardcore... but i think a better way to put it is that alot of people here might not be a fond of GoW becuase its completly different from the majority of nintendo games - which is a fair argument.

ThatGuy127 said:
Halo 3 is gonna be the 360-game-to-get, as will be SSBB for Wii...
go Mario Galaxy! :)

Last edited:
Okay, I guess I neglected that game, look at the edited post, imae and Sovieto.

imae said:
what was your definition of 'hardcore games' again? ^_^ on your previous terms zelda isnt hardcore.. thats why i dont like labelling any game with this word, things get confusing and we begin to lose context.
imo hardcore gaming/gamer is a state of play(or a kind of gamer), i don't believe hardcore is a kind of game.

my point was just becuase i like ninty doesnt mean im not a hardcore gamer, and that zelda, and most nintendo games i think, can be played with just as much immersiveness as GoW (in different ways).

But i understand your original point, you said you thought that nintendo gamers didnt like GoW becuase it was too hardcore... but i think a better way to put it is that alot of people here might not be a fond of GoW becuase its completly different from the majority of nintendo games - which is a fair argument.

go Mario Galaxy! :)
you about summed up what i mean in that last paragraph :thumbsup:

Why is there a battle over two diffrent systems they both have there ups and downs i own both a 360 and wii and personally i love both of them... they both offer diffrent types of games

NintendoGamer said:
I didnt say GoW Sucks... I said its overrated you idiot; Sovieto
you should have quoted when i said that because i dont know where i said it

i think its a good game too and that it is overrated ..rather have bf2142 though lol damn those in game adds lol

Back