God of War Coming Soon to PS3

manred

Animal Collective
Dec 30, 2007
Wherever Fate Takes Me
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
god_of_war_iii.jpg

When SCEA released God of War II last year, the game's instruction manual teased the soon to be released PSP entry, God of War: Chains of Olympus. Now it's the PSP's turn to toy with your emotions, as the manual for the on-the-go Kratos quest fires back with a tease of the PlayStation 3 chapter. IGN has photographic evidence of the PS3 sequel teaser ad which opts not to put a release window on the thing, merely announcing that it's "coming soon."

Considering rumors are pointing to a 2009 ship date for God of War III and Sony has a habit of showing these games a year (or more) in advance, we'd say that if you want a Kratos fix in 2008, it's probably going to be on UMD.

Source

Another great game for the PS3.

2009 is not soon! Another great game DELAYED greatly for the PS3. FF13 2009/2010, Resident Evil 5 2009.

Now the bonuses. Gran Turismo, Grand Theft Auto 4, and Metal Gear Solid 4 are all coming out this year.

^ LittleBigPlanet and Killzone 2 too!

And! I cannot wait for this game!! :(

Oo! And Resistance 2! Can't forget about that.

Last edited:
Niether of those games will sell more than 2 million units. If they are lucky.

I dunno, I think LittleBigPlanet will, not so sure about Killzone 2. I think Resistance 2 will sell more too since Resitance sold over 2 million I think.

Also I saw that Motorstorm 2 will be revealed on Wednesday, I'm guessing it will release this year. That might sell over 2 million too since the first sold loads...

But yea, no doubt MGS4 and GT5 will sell very well :)

Nice, thanks for the information. Did anyone have the first two?

sagema said:
Niether of those games will sell more than 2 million units. If they are lucky.
wow your an idiot. two of the most anticipated games for PS3 this year will not sell good?

i always kinda brushed god of war off as a game i wouldnt enjoy at all but i saw the demo for download on PSN today so i got it and transfered it to my psp and man. great graphics and game play i might actually buy this game. and if i play through it ill probably get the ps3 version

The budget for MGS4 is staggering, and the $60 price point will dramatically weaken it's potential sales. It will be another Gears of War. Huge on hype, but sell less than 5 million units (Which is ok with a realistic budget).

Overall MGS4 will probably sell 3-4 million units, and later on break past 8 million. The reason I feel this will eventually sell so many units is this will be the best -exclusive- PS3 game on the console next to God of War 3. Another bonus is I'm sure Sony covered a lot of the expenses to make MGS4 and GoW3. I can bet a million dollars that the game won't sell more than 5 million units the first month. But I'm not rich so my loss.

Well I predict mgs4 will sell 100 million copies, not that I have any proof or anything... that's just my guess.

oh my god

of war

this is perfect for sony, i knew sony wouldnt leave us to die and rot with cruddy games

gooooooooooooooooo sony

Back