Should i buy a PS3 or a XBOX360 ?

JT. said:
360! Only problem is, buying one is supporting Gates, which is why I don't own one yet. Trust me, I'm taking Microsoft down!
uber fail
gates is probably the most helpful man on the planet to us.

Sovieto said:
uber fail

I'm glad to see someone else enjoys using uber :D

Though I do usually jazz mine up with an umlaut: über

(Alt-0252 for those that wonder...)

Sovieto said:
gates is probably the most helpful man on the planet to us.

He loaned me some mayo in the middle of an epic BLT that would've failed otherwise. +1 for BG.

kevn3000 said:
EDIT: can some1 tell me a way to prevent the red rings

yes.

Dont get an xbox. lol Honestly though, if you are going to get one, buy it used online. It is not worth spending too much money on it due to the problems it is having.

The system itself was rushed and it is mainly a fps machine. Microsoft spent over 1 billion dollars alone just to repair all their broken xboxs. The problem comes with an over heating in the system itself, and a warping of the chipset. This is not really fixed, but like the ps3 they are opting for a less heat heavy cpu .

ramsanine said:
I heard that the Red Rings is not as likely to happen on the elite Xbox 360. Is this true?

Xbox 360 Elite "Red Ring Of Death" Proof? PDF Print E-mail
Written by Alexis Morgenstern
Tuesday, 31 July 2007
Robbie Bach, Microsoft's president of the Entertainment and Devices division, spoke to investors recently on the Xbox 360 hardware failures (aka "Red RIng Of Death"). Spong.com posted on the Bach's response on the recently announced three-year warranty extension for Xbox 360 consoles.

From Spong.com: "Attempting to pre-empt the question, "Tell me about the specific component that failed that caused you to have to do the warranty reserve", Bach told the assembled shareholders on July 26th:

“It's a design challenge that we've had to work around and create a new design to solve that problem, and for the interaction of a variety of different components. And so that's a Microsoft design question, not some component manufacturer's problem or our manufacturing partner's problems. It's something we've had to work on. We know we have a much better design in the market now. We verified that.”

The article at Spong states that it may be the Elite Xbox 360 that are bullet-proof from the Red Ring of Death. However, the Elite Xbox 360 hasn't been out too long, so it may be too soon to really know. Searching YouTube, there was one video claiming to be an Elite Xbox 360 experiencing the "red ring of death" hardware failure (see below). It only takes a little searching around on Microsoft's own xbox.com Forums to hear the frustration some Xbox 360 console owners have been experiencing with their broken consoles.

I recently returned my third Xbox 360 console, being an owner since the 360 was launched. Microsoft's Xbox 360 warranty repair center is currently estimating a 4-6 week repair time. When I asked a manager at a local GameStop how the returns have been, I was told "it's a huge problem." We'll have to see if the rumored Falcon Xbox 360 can save the day for Microsoft and gamers. With the rumored Xbox 360 price-cut looming about, maybe it will be a good time to pickup a backup, or wait until the risky hardware is flushed out of the market.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SHsSnjirTk[/MEDIA]
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INXgVaZB-HU[/MEDIA]
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZUgX9PX60o[/MEDIA]

ENJOY.

There is a reason microsoft upped the warranty to THREE YEARS instead of the previous YEAR to the previous NINETY DAY warranty. lol

Back