Google Chrome OS

Sterculius

WiiChat Member
Jan 14, 2008
Apparently Google isn't content with taking over your internet by creating a browser, now they're expanding and trying to take over you're entire computer.

I guess I'm going to have to get a new partition set aside for this. Should be fun!

http://www.newsweek.com/id/205809

Meh.
Im gonna go Windows 7 as I hear its good.
I was gonna go Linux but then I found out it docent work well with EUO

I did read about this.

Meh.
I'm gonna go Windows 7 as I hear its good.
I was gonna go Linux but then I found out it docent work well with EUO

Yeah I'm also going with Windows 7, already have it bought.

But this should be interesting. I'll give it a go when it gets released.

I have Internet explorer and google chrome but I find that internet explorer can run some things that chrome can't and the other way around for different files.
For example I find that chrome has a hard time with games and some java programs.

Yeah I'm going to get Window 7 as well, but I think the Chrome OS will be a nice toy to tinker with. Especially considering it's going to be open source.

Besides, i believe Vista users are getting a free upgrade to Windows 7 so it makes the choice very easy.

^Nah, you have to pay for Windows 7. Do you actually think M$ would throw us a freebie? :lol:

And Boo, why the hell are you still using IE? Get firefox!

To bad "7" will require a clean install
^Nah, you have to pay for Windows 7. Do you actually think M$ would throw us a freebie? :lol:

And Boo, why the hell are you still using IE? Get firefox!
The only time I use IE is when im updating my site as it wont work with Firefox.

Chrome is apparently going to be free, so why not give it a chance as we all know how doomed we would be without the goog.

Hey that's what they're saying any way. Whether or not it comes to fruition has yet to be seen.

I first read about it on wired.com but can't find the link. Here's one from geek.com

http://www.geek.com/articles/micros...ows-7-upgrade-june-26-to-october-22-20090626/

Well, you can preorder the upgrade from Vista for $50 right now, so it's obviously not free. :lol:

As for chrome, I might try it if I have some HDD space left when it comes out, but if it doesn't support my sound card like Ubuntu, I'm trashing it.

I also heard that the chrome OS will be "optimized for use with netbooks" which i take to mean that it will be very watered down to be able to be run on the netbooks crappy processors and minimal ram.

Chrome is apparently going to be free, so why not give it a chance as we all know how doomed we would be without the goog.
Most versions of Linux are free.
I also heard that the chrome OS will be "optimized for use with netbooks" which i take to mean that it will be very watered down to be able to be run on the netbooks crappy processors and minimal ram.
That means it would be ideal for simple "just internet" computers.
But not the case for the front room computer

i might get chrome os as i have the windows 7 beta so i'll give google a go

Well, you can preorder the upgrade from Vista for $50 right now, so it's obviously not free. :lol:

Even though it specifically states people who buy PCs with Vista between June and October will get it for free, get it at no charge, etc. etc. etc.

Whatever...

Back