Got my Wii component cables today

Lethal

Extreme Gamer
Nov 20, 2006
Missouri
Wii Online Code
4683-8466-6765-2704
Well they came today and I am not sure if there is a difference really. I am going to snap a few shots of Zelda and you guys tell me if you see a difference.

480i
480izv7.jpg

480p
480psk1.jpg

480i
dsc00360nh9.jpg

480p
480p2qu7.jpg

Ok after seeing them like this I guess the 480p does show more clearer detail. Even the colors are brighter. You can find the component cables on ebay for like $15. I bought an off brand.

hmm...not too bad. the pics are definately brighter and clearer. I have component cables too, problem is no wii :(

DRMARIO said:
I was thinking about getting some component cables today..But My tv iSN'T HD ( I'm Quite happy with a normal flat screen TV, i honestly dont care about more Pixels or whatever) So , do i need a HD tv to use component cables?

It depends on the TV. Some non-HD TV's can display a regular definition progressive scan signal (480p). You'd have to check you tv's owner's manual.

Skippy said:
It depends on the TV. Some non-HD TV's can display a regular definition progressive scan signal (480p). You'd have to check you tv's owner's manual.
Regular def. TVs can't display 480p. Standard def can only display 480i or even lower. EDTV(enhanced) displays 480p. HDTV displays either 720p or 1080i. lots of people call 1080p 'True HD'

I have a 32" HDTV that supports up to 1080i and when I installed the component cable, the image became jagged. I don't know if it's really worth the extra few bucks to pick up the component cable to play at 480p because in all honesty, to me it didn't make a great difference except for the fact that it was not as blurred, but more jagged.

Er, I don't mean to offend anyone here, but those piccies look bloody awful compared to what I'm getting on a standard RGB Scart connection !

Maybe it's the camera I dunno, but mine seems a lot sharper than that and I'm not even using component cables.

Is it just me ?

nah its my camera. Its terrible. But the component cables do make the games a little jagged.

read on wikipedia.org about EDTVs that give a better 480p display then HDTVs do when u use component cables.

Awesome. Do you know what to do to run the gamecube games in proscan? Or just do the option in the wii preferences?

rortiz79 said:
Awesome. Do you know what to do to run the gamecube games in proscan? Or just do the option in the wii preferences?

hmm not sure, but i have a feeling gamecube games go automatically to 480p if u play them on the Wii with component cables; lol, y wouldnt it??

hmm I dunno. Just in case I guess lol Anyway, thanks for the pics, I too will enjoy the wii soon with sharp goodness.

Back