Guitar Hero III Lag Issue?

Shiraz

WiiChat Member
Dec 26, 2007
We just got a Wii for Xmas and I bought the wireless Guitar Hero III. I have played PS2 wired Guitar Hero II and did not notice any issues of lag or response time. But with this guitar and it being wireless it just doesn't feel right. Not sure. I could play the "hard" level on PS2 fairly well but have trouble with this even on "medium"! It just doesn't respond like I think it should. Anyway, I've done the calibration when you pause a game and go to options but that doesn't seem to help. My guitar was brand new and sealed so I don't think there is a problem with the guitar. I just think because it's wireless it sucks. I'd rather it be hard wired now that I've played it.

Do they make a USB Dongle or anything so you can actually hard wire the controller into the back of Wii?? I think this would solve the issues.

Thanks for any help.

We love Wii and the wireless controller for the "other" games which work well but for Guitar Hero III I am disappointed so far.

If anyone could provide me links to a solution that would help too.

My friend, who avidly played GH2 said the same thing you did about the Guitar for GH3 on the 360 version. He says it just feels slow. I think that it was just slowed down/sped up from Guitar Hero 2 to 3. Unless both my friend and you are having the same problem, my advice for you is just to get used to it.

Last edited:
I know exactly what your talking about. The timing on the whole thing is completely off too imo. Like the other guy said, get used to it. Or play is on 360 where it seems better synched imo.

Naa...there HAS to be a way to fix this. I don't feel as a consumer I should "get use" to anything. If it don't work right then either Nintendo or the makers of the guitar need to do something about it! But that's just me.

A hard-wired option maybe would do the trick. I just don't think the wireless technology has the speed yet for something like this. I kinda was afraid of this before I bought it and sure enough, it was what I expected. Live and learn.

It may be going back if there is no solutions in sight. Not a very good product for Wii.

Oh, and another thing....entering cheat codes flat out doesn't work either! I tried various codes found on the net and none seem to do anything. Ugh.

I played the game on my friends HDTV and I too found this problem...I really want to get this game but this issue is holding me back. Can anyone comfirm that the calibrate lag option works...because the first post said it doesn't, and the last post says it does. HELP!?

I cant get the calibrate lag to work either in my GH3 for Wii. I have GH3 for the PS2 as well, and there are no lag issues. The Wii version is unplayable. I am not running on HDTV, just a plain tune TV. I have tried to calibrate, but nothing.

I have a 52 inch HD TV and GH3 lagged for me too. It was really unplayable and I was so disappointed. My brother was real mad about it too. Then I found the calibrate lag option and I quickly tested it and it set the milliseconds back and it was SO much better. Now I can easily play medium and hard but still precticing expert. :p

Try calibrating the lag even if you don't have a HDTV.

I'm using an HDTV and I'm having problems with my calibrations skipping in the middle of songs leaving me way ahead of where the music is when I started. It never fails, 50%-75% through the song you can hear the glitch that throws everything off, no matter how many times I re-calibrate or what songs I play. Any thoughts or advice?

well the calabrate lag you just strum with nothing else,no pressing the green red blue yellowe and orange,if you arwe doing that that may be causing the problem but if not,i dont know what to say except get youre bar above the tv recalibrated and updated.

Going through the initial calibration is no problem, the error happens in the middle of playing songs where it skips out of nowhere. I'm just wondering if it could just be the TV, my system, or a bum game.

JunesFox said:
Going through the initial calibration is no problem, the error happens in the middle of playing songs where it skips out of nowhere. I'm just wondering if it could just be the TV, my system, or a bum game.

It is most likly youre tv,it depends what kind of hdtv you have,a lot of people are having the same problem with certian brands.but there is a piisiblility its youre sensor bar not registering youre actions soon enough,all i know is i have no problems what so ever.

i noticed that at the very beginning but give it 2 days maybe and you'll be all set

Back