Guitar Hero: Metallica - Is it worth it?

RockerJ

Still Obsessed with P4
Jan 26, 2009
Yamanote Circle, Tokyo
Wii Online Code
0217-6218-4567-4978
I'm a decent fan of Metallica. I know they're good and all, but it lacks the ability of DLC (I've heard). But is it worth 50-60 dollars (either Wii or 360)?

Thanks ofr you're advice.

Well you know, it's only the best music/rhythm game ever made. Even if you're not a huge Metallica fan, you will like this game a lot because it's really fun to play.

I'd say it's worth it if you like Metallica at all. I think the set list is pretty good myself especially the non metallica tracks.

Yeah the game is very stream-lined and smooth, and just feels better overall than GH:WT. I love the set list because I love Metallica, and they picked a lot of great supporting tracks like Toxicity and The Boys Are Back In Town. The character models are very well done too I thought.

Buy it if you're a hard rock/metal fan.

If your a full on fan get it.

To me tho. Even tho im a fan I wont buy it as there getting out of hand with all these music games now (rumors going round that theres gonna be a pearl Jam version).

Look at the track list and decide... if you own or have access to a 360 hooked to the net, download the demo and take a test drive.

IMO It's the most polished GH yet, and yeah it's worth it. I was a HUGE Metallica fan back in the early to mid 80's, kinda felt they sold out and got away from them later on. The new Death Magnetic Album is their best album in YEARS! It's also a TON of fun to play.

As an older Metallica fan, if I had control of the setlist, it would look considerably different, but that's normal for any fan of any band... My fav 30 Metallica songs may not match even half of your fav 30 Metallica songs etc...

All in all a GREAT game, I LOVE the fact Mercyful Fate has a perfomance in it, one of my all time fav bands, wish King Diamond had never left...

If your a full on fan get it.

To me tho. Even tho im a fan I wont buy it as there getting out of hand with all these music games now (rumors going round that theres gonna be a pearl Jam version).

Don't take this personally, this isn't directed at you.

But statements such as these crack me up. For several reasons.

1. When GH 1 and 2 were the only titles out, people could not wait for GH3. When RB was announced, people drooled... Now there are a handful to choose from (you don't ahve to buy them all you know) and I've seen a lot of posts now there are too many... First it's post after post about more more more... now it's too much, too much, too much...

2. Looks at the other genres. How many FPS titles are out there, for the 360 for example. Or driving games as another example. I never see people say wlll now there are too many shooters, or too many driving sims etc... So how can there be too many music games?

3. Lastly, go look at a music store. I never see anybody complain about too many bands. Too many CD's to buy or listen to.

It just cracks me up. Again this is NOT personal, I'm just making a statement about these kinds of comments internet wide...

Don't take this personally, this isn't directed at you.
But its directed near me

1. When GH 1 and 2 were the only titles out, people could not wait for GH3. When RB was announced, people drooled... Now there are a handful to choose from (you don't ahve to buy them all you know) and I've seen a lot of posts now there are too many... First it's post after post about more more more... now it's too much, too much, too much...
Guitar hero 80s came before the third.

2. Looks at the other genres. How many FPS titles are out there, for the 360 for example. Or driving games as another example. I never see people say wlll now there are too many shooters, or too many driving sims etc... So how can there be too many music games?
There are to many shooters and there all really becoming samey

There can be to many versions of the same game (Capcom take note)
3. Lastly, go look at a music store. I never see anybody complain about too many bands. Too many CD's to buy or listen to.
There are to many crappy bands out there and yet theres still more coming out.

But im not looking to start a debate about these games

I am a big fan of these, but I can see what you mean by too many. They change in the slightest, while if you look at FPS, there are many different kinds.

But I'm getting a 360 over the Summer, so I'll download the demo. Thanks

Last edited:
Yeah but while we were playing II, and wishing 3 was out, nobody really knew about the 80's... that somewhat snuck in almost unannounced... also I glossed over that title, because by then, I had dumped my PS2 in favor of the 360, and the 80's only came out on the PS2, so honestly I kinda forgot about that one...

Yet the point was this... When ONLY GH I & II were out, and nothing else was announced, every single person I knew playing GH, wanted nothing but more more more... Now that we are getting more more more slapped upside our heads, it's all too much... Even the person that I knew that cried the hardest for more more more... was whining to me last week that they are coming out too fast, and he can't finish one before the next one is out...

The people that say they don't change enough from one version to the next... How much can they REALLY change? And when they do, and add new features like battle mode, then everybody cries over that... It's really no different than any other genre. Look at sports games. New rosters, slightly updated graphics, very few new items year after year... music games are just following the tried and true, and we keep buying them.

My personal favorite complaint is the people that want no new discs, just DLC... I'm personally the opposite. I don't mind swapping discs. I'd rather have a physical copy. It's a LOT easier to take to a friends house etc... The value on disc $/per song is far greater than the value of DLC. Yes you have to buy the WHOLE disc, not jsut the tracks you want... But that's trivial in most cases, I'd buy almost every single track off every disc made so far regardless... Plus you can loan, trade, or sell the discs if you get tired of them...

Anyways, I'm happy they keep coming out. I'll buy the ones I want, skip the ones I don't... No different than any other genre in that respect.

Back