Halo for psp

DBloke

An ancient one, banner of over a thousand acunts
Staff member
May 30, 2006
Super Mancyland
Wii Online Code
8041-7231-3447-6164
Rumagein throw a h-b site I found the following............

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/halo-for-psp-released-66775.html

Xero a french coder has released the first version of his Halo 2D game for the PSP. Check out these screens:

controleom1.JPG

survivorbb0.JPG

killerdf3.JPG

menucv1.JPG

Strange to turn it into a 2D shooter
It looks a bit like muttant carrnige me

2D! I don't know what they are playing at. Why not keep Halo 3D, like the % of PSP games. Halo is not the same that way.

FR. said:
2D! I don't know what they are playing at. Why not keep Halo 3D, like the % of PSP games. Halo is not the same that way.

you have to remember this is a user made game. 2D is much easier to make, and as this is a user made game (like many in the psp mod scene) its fine. I remember not long after the psp was released someone made a really fun 2D super smash bros. You could continue adding characters that were not found in the official version.

Shiftfallout said:
you have to remember this is a user made game. 2D is much easier to make, and as this is a user made game (like many in the psp mod scene) its fine. I remember not long after the psp was released someone made a really fun 2D super smash bros. You could continue adding characters that were not found in the official version.

It is possable for a coder to make a 3D shooter
But not at the mow
Do you mean this
http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/smashgpsp.shtml

smgamenorm.jpg

For a free game its quite good (played it on the gpx2)

In before Doomhacks

Alien doom wasa fun

Or a quake hack

Im sure theres a port of quake on psp (theres one on the DS)

darkpinny, oh there is, but i cant wait till they completely mod it out.

sherwood3570 said:
I'd like to see Microsoft mke hndheld. I would probbly buy it. Hlo would be gret on pocket gme.

Last I heard, the rumors say they are, just as Apple is working on a console of their own, which might be a mix between the ipod and a normal console, or both. Nintendo's days as having a monopoly over the hand helds is sadly over I am affraid. It was bound to happen eventually though.

I am actually excited about it all though. I love it when companies compete with eachother, that way the best product really will be the BEST by trying to out do the the others. I actually feel we are moving too slowly into the future, we should have a lot more technologies mainstreamed by now.

Last edited:
Shiftfallout said:
darkpinny, oh there is, but i cant wait till they completely mod it out.

Last I heard, the rumors say they are, just as Apple is working on a console of their own, which might be a mix between the ipod and a normal console, or both. Nintendo's days as having a monopoly over the hand helds is sadly over I am affraid. It was bound to happen eventually though.
They are still the only ones with good handhelds. The PSP is good for homebrew, but not much else.

Last edited:
Oh great all the apple fags will like it even if its shite
GAMES ARE THE ONLY THINGS THAT COUNT
You dont play hardware

paintba||er said:

They are still the only ones with good handhelds. The PS3 is good for homebrew, but not much else.

ps3 or psp?

nintendo is falling behind. Both sony and microsoft are corporations, they have a million times more influence, power, and money than nintendo. Nintendo hit the gaming industry when it needed hitting, but untill then no big corporations really tried to get in on it untill Sony, then microsoft. Before it was just smaller big companies like nintendo, sega, atari...ect now the big boys are involved. They have the money and power to outdo anything nintendo does, and from the looks of it, nintendo seems to know this. Their systems are make to make profit, not really offer the best gaming has to offer. Both the ds and the wii are using tech of ages past, where sony and microsoft are trying to pave a way for the future of gaming. If gaming doesnt change now in the present, how can we expect progress in the future?

The gameboy is dead sadly. I loved the gb, still have the ol brick Game boy that was first released. Damn that was a great system. Now with the new president in charge of ninty, it has changed completely. The old nintendo is dead, long past. Yamauchi is no longer in charge and its a completely different company using the same name. Microsoft and Sony will be the big players, Nintendo will go the way of Sega most likey, fading into a purely game developing company. Thats my guess, and even if I am not to fond of it, i realize that unless ninty changes, it wont have a chance for long term success. (well maybe as a toy for kids.)

sherwood3570 said:
Honestly, I don't think Sony and Microsoft could beat Nintendo in the next wave of handhelds. :cool:

oh eventually they will though. Because it wont just be microsoft and sony, it will be others as well. Again, competition breeds a better product. In this case nintendo has had a monopoly on the hand held market, now with the psp's birth into the hand held arena, it hasnt beaten game boys legacy, but its still done very very well. Its a sign of progression, and its a given that the next handheld by either microsoft or sony will do even better.

Nintendo doesnt have the money to keep up with sony and microsoft, thats why their systems focus more on making profit than offering the lastest in gaming, because if they tried it would be to much of a gamble. Microsoft and sony can afford to take 200 dollar losses per system, even the handhelds. Nintendo cant.

The DS might have more sales, but without any bias I can honestly say the best hand held system by far is the PSP. It amazes me, utterly at what it can do. Its a unit that is more customizable than a car, and its part of my everyday life now. I use it to read books, watch just about anything, use it as a remote, play all my old school games. It just has so much potential, and with sony taking the open console, open homebrew, open user mod and generated content approach, I cant see how nintendo has a future unless they stick with the kid market that cant do those things.

Last edited:
Back