Hands-on with Mario Kart Wii (Verdict: Game is great, Wheel is rubbish)

sremick said:
How will it be able to tell if you've got the Wii remote in the wheel or not?

Will there be a version of the game available without the wheel?

im guessing you plug it in like a gh controler or numbchuck.

i dont understand how the wii wheel is crap, i think the game would be 100% better if the motion sensor for steering worked good.( i think thats what there implying by saying the wii wheels crap)

jimbo said:
i dont understand how the wii wheel is crap, i think the game would be 100% better if the motion sensor for steering worked good.( i think thats what there implying by saying the wii wheels crap)

I'm having trouble understanding that too. Racing on the Wii is the biggest revolution I've ever experienced on a home console. After playing excite Truck I was blown away!!

The only problem I see with the Wii wheel is no resistance when turning. Even when you using the nunchuck or GC controller you have resistance in the stick so it helps you, the wii wheel won't have that so I am guess the sensitivity won't be able to be set as high. But i am gonna give it a go, after all it's free

ElronMac said:
The only problem I see with the Wii wheel is no resistance when turning. Even when you using the nunchuck or GC controller you have resistance in the stick so it helps you, the wii wheel won't have that so I am guess the sensitivity won't be able to be set as high. But i am gonna give it a go, after all it's free
there will be an art to it... like driving in real life:
when making a left turn you don't turn so sharp that you need to feel the steering wheel stop when trurning far left.

Score.

Though I think I'll have to rig a stand up for hte wii wheel.

'Cause I dunno how my hands will handle a free-in-the-air wheel.
Gonna need to fix it to something.

opk i think there seems to be a misunderstanding. the actual controls for mario kart are great as many sites have said but the wii wheel is a letdown mostly because its a cheap piece of plastic which the wiimote snaps into. it doesnt block the IR. like idjut said, its like the zapper. so stop worrying about the controls, they will be same whether u use the wheel or use only the wiimote sideways.

Trulen said:

Have you played WiiPlay's Cow Racing? pretty 3d steering (tilting forward to accelerate/boost, jerking upward to jump) You can't fix the wiimote to anything...

you'll do great! :)

This game is sounding great just like I had hoped. I'm excited for this one to say the least.

Trulen said:
Score.

I have a feeling half of you have never played a racing game on the Wii. If this is the case, your in for a real treat doggie. The motion control is highly accurate and VERY fun. I actually think racing controls are tighter than FPS controls on Wii.

So Caliko... all the other Mario Karts sucked? None of those used motion controls and they were fine, will it suddenly suck because they don't use it?

Also, you are acting like Wii was the first one to use Wii-mote motion controls for racing games. Have you ever played using a racing wheel? Logitech is releasing a racing wheel for Gran Turismo 5 on the PS3.

T3kNi9e said:
So Caliko... all the other Mario Karts sucked? None of those used motion controls and they were fine, will it suddenly suck because they don't use it?

Also, you are acting like Wii was the first one to use Wii-mote motion controls for racing games. Have you ever played using a racing wheel? Logitech is releasing a racing wheel for Gran Turismo 5 on the PS3.

Why are you so afraid of motion controls??

No the other Mario Karts didn't suck. You missed the point.

The Wii IS the first to use Wii-mote motion control for racing games(DUH!!)

:lol: Your last sentence is irrelevent to the whole thread....

the wii mario kart version wii be da bomb but sigh...i wnted to see voice chat like a ear piece, but i won't want some punk-ass 19 or 10 or 11 year old trash talking wanna be. but mari kort will be great i bet on it, whens a release date, gamestop has no date for release. if there was voice chat wouldn't want any kid talking trash saying "yo, punk-bi*ch i just f*cked up your sh*ty ass, so what you gonna do now, WHAT NOW F*CKER"

castlezelda, you're EXACTLY the sort of person nintendo doesn't want to give voice chat to.

sigh.

Back