Has the bloody "hardcore" revolution begun??

I'm excited no doubt, No More Heroes 2, Dead Space, MadWorld and The Conduit alone are good enough for me. Nevermind the things Nintendo has still to come as well, its good to be a Wii gamer again.

I'm excited no doubt, No More Heroes 2, Dead Space, MadWorld and The Conduit alone are good enough for me. Nevermind the things Nintendo has still to come as well, its good to be a Wii gamer again.

Its good to be a Nintendo Wii gamer....I want to see Nintendo back like the SNES days

Lots of great core gaming on the horizon for Wii. February should be a good month, however I won't be able to buy much until later because I'll need to buy baseball cleats and a new bat which could come out to around $175 =/

Out of my most wanted games, the ones I really want the most have to be Timesplitters 4 (unconfirmed since Free Radical was bought), House Of The Dead Overkill, and Deadly Creatures (maybe).

Going to be a good year. :)

Most games are violent

Ever played pong ?
The "Bleep" is in actual fact screams of pain as the players get hit with the square balls sharp edges

1218879510139qk6.gif

A lot of people do think of 'hardcore' games as being M rated, which is why a lot of Wii games got criticism from the 'hardcore' players because they were E rated and looked cartoony. Now the Wii has had 3 good M rated games so far in February alone and the best is still to come (Madworld and The Conduit especially). It's good that 3rd parties have started to look beyond 'casual' mini games and it'll be a great year for bloody 'hardcore' Wii owners for sure.

so glad all these "hardcore" games are coming out.. getting a little bored bowling and boxing. hahah

A lot of people do think of 'hardcore' games as being M rated, which is why a lot of Wii games got criticism from the 'hardcore' players because they were E rated and looked cartoony. Now the Wii has had 3 good M rated games so far in February alone and the best is still to come (Madworld and The Conduit especially). It's good that 3rd parties have started to look beyond 'casual' mini games and it'll be a great year for bloody 'hardcore' Wii owners for sure.

Thank you.

Now a new game has been announced for February that I might add to the list. It's called, Rogue Trooper: The Quartz Zone Massacre.

957954_20090206_screen015.jpg

376698_full.jpg

EDIT: I guess it's coming out in EUROPE on the 27th of Feb. The developers are currently looking for a publisher to bring it stateside( :( )... I was hoping this could hold me over until The Conduit releases.

Last edited:
Keep in mind hardcore games can mean many things, in this post I talk about games with violence and gore. Personally I'm more of a casual gamer. Blood and gore don't impress me. But everyone else seems to care so here you go...

February 3rd 2009: The day the Wii got its HARDCORE

On this date Tenchu Shadow Assassins was released with Good reviews. IGN.com gives it a solid 8.0 all around. This is a good score considering IGN loves to give Wii a hard time in the reviews department.

In coincidence with the release of Tenchu(Feb. 3rd) EA admits they can no longer ignore the Wiis install base and said they'd produce half of its upcoming console games for Wii and announce Dead Space Wii. (chalk another "hardcore" for the Wii).

In February, 3 hardcore exclusives(EXCLUSIVES!!) will be released for the Wii. Tenchu Shadow Assassins, Deadly Creatures and House of the Dead Overkill.

This is February, this is hardcore, this is just the beginning.

Madworld, The Conduit, Dead Space, Cursed Mountain, No More Heroes 2...

... Winter? Timesplitters 4? Red Faction B.E.A.S.T?

Great post, agree with it completely and I look forward to all those titles!

Bloody doesn't necessarily mean "hardcore", just as cute graphics and animals necessarily mean "kiddie". As long as games are good and/or revolutionary, I'll enjoy them.
That being said, I simply MUST try out HoTD Overkill, as I am a HUGE House of the Dead fan (2 is the best)

I played the 360 version, and yes it was really good. I loved every minute of that game. It was the most challenging game I beat in a long time. and about the zombies, really who cares. Most of the zombies in Dead rising (360 version) didn't even do anything. You can walk past them with no problem. I hated the words on the 360 version because they were too damn small to read. I don't know if the wii version will be better, but I do know it will be fun to play! you can brag about them consoles all you want lol i could care less. the only good consoles you mentioned was the n64 and 360. sega is dead and the original xbox was lame. anyways back to the topic. Those games look great coming out!
Last time I checked Sega's doing pretty good for themselves...

Well what it boils down to is
This year it is the most important for Sega
If these games dont sell they will probably be bought out by EA and forced to make Sonic 2010 and house of the dead underground

Ew.

What they need is one of those life-saver games. Like how Final Fantasy saved Square from shutting down and how Metal Gear saved Hideo's career.

They need to stop consentrating on bringing Sonic back from the grave and make a new, successfull game.

Back