Have I damaged my Wii?

robpe36

WiiChat Member
Jul 3, 2007
I recently purchased a four in one component cable that connects 360, PS2/3, and Wii all on one cable. The plug was not labeled and I accidently inserted the PS2/3 head into the Wii's A/V output (they're almost the same size). I think the image looks washed out now but I may be imagining it. Is there a possibility that I've done irreversable damage to my Wii by sticking the PS2/3 jack into the A/V output?

your probably just imagining it, im not sure but i dont think it should matter which a/v output you put it into.

/again not completely positive

Have you tried reconnecting the original cable? The picture could be washed out because all in one cables suck ass and are unsupported. They let the signal from one console go back through the rest of the cabling to the systems that are powered down!

ciper said:
Have you tried reconnecting the original cable? The picture could be washed out because all in one cables suck ass and are unsupported. They let the signal from one console go back through the rest of the cabling to the systems that are powered down!
Yeah I did put the original cable back. I THINK it looks washed out but like I said i could very well be imagining it. I was just hoping someone here who knows enough about this could confirm the possibility.

I have that exact same cable...and wow. How drunk were you when you tried connecting this cable?

The playstation one isn't that similar at all

ciper said:
Vagrant: Holy ****... I just tried this and it fits perfectly upside down!!!
You tried putting the PS2 plug into the Wii jack? Do you notice any difference in picture quality now??

Yes my PS2 AV connector fit into my Wii. I didnt turn it on though! :lol:

Its definitely possible you shorted something out now that I know the connector fits!

Oh i thought just putting it in there might **** something up.

vagrant said:
it fits in it yes but it makes no connection.
I think it does make a connection. The Wii has a double sided edge connector like a pci card and the ps2 av cable has a spring based slot like a pci slot. The pins arent the same size but it looks like they make contact in multiple places and even short some pins!

Im using my SCPH-10130 thats usually for Guncon games to work with component cables.

I didn't mean a pin connection I mean it fits in somewhat loosely. Or at least the one on my 3 way component cable does.

Back