Help a newbie mom out, please.

Mom2aGamer

WiiChat Member
Nov 17, 2012
United States
So I just bought my two kids a used Wii for Christmas. They are boys ages 6 & 9. It came with a lot of games. I'm keeping quite a few that I think they'll like but I want to exchange some over at GameStop so I can buy Just Dance. My goal is to have them doing some movement on top of playing games.

They are big Lego fans, love Harry Potter, one is a HUGE Star Wars fan. They have DS's that they love to play on.

I have a list of games I'm not sure if they'll like and I'd love the opinion of the folks here. Should I exchange any of these?

Animal Crossing City Folk (we don't have a microphone)
Star Wars The Force Unleashed (even though my son loves Star Wars, I'm concerned about the rating.)
Sims Castaway (I think it's definitely going back due to the rating and I'll never play it)
Raving Rabbids- 1 & 2, Go Home, TV Party & Travel in Time

Any opinions? I guess mostly on the Animal Crossing, can you play without the microphone? And the Rabbids ones.

Any game suggestions that you might have would be helpful too. Games I'm keeping are a few Mario's including Mario Kart, Harry Potter yrs 1-4, an Indiana Jones and a Donkey Kong game, Wii Sports Resort, Game Party & Wii Play. There may even be a few more in the box. There were a TON in the lot that I purchased.

There are a few Lego Star Wars game that you could choose from instead of The Force Unleashed if you're concerned about violence and such.

^I agree, Force unleashed is a more grown up Star wars game

Star Wars the forced unleashed is more of a grown-up game, but animal crossing is so much fun I think. Raving Rabbids are Hilarious, i love those bunnies.

Animal Crossing is definitely one to stick with even if you don't have a microphone. I can't wait until it comes out for 3DS.

i would say get rid of Star wars Force unleashed and get Cars 2 (i dont know if your kids like racing games but my little bro used 2 love it!)

Back