Help with censor.

Are you sure the black part of the sensor bar is facing towards you?

Link_of_Hyrule said:
how many wii remotes do you have? if you only have 1 when you go into the calibration does it show does moving when you move the controller if not then its the could be the controller try pointing it at different lights most bright lights will show up in the calibration settings thing anything that emits IR you can use almost anything for a sensor bar even Christmas lights.

good idea but I don't think he'll be able to get to that settings screen without the cursor.

well, to be sure it's the sensor bar, if you have a digital camera, take a picture of the sensor bar with the wii on, and the bar plugged into the wii.

after taking the pic, if don't see the ir leds, then something wrong with the bar. but if you see the leds (small red lights) then, it's the wiimote. in that, case try smacking the wiimote with your palm.

i guess its the wiimote then, i tried the camera thing, and its working.

This has gotten to the point, that it's really making me angry.

The ir led's are on, the controllers 'home' '+' and '-' buttons work...
But no cursor!?!?!?

I really dont understand this at all.

becuase if you think about it, it shouldn't be the wiimote ( due to the fact that all non-cursor buttons work)

And it shouldnt be the sensor( due to the fact that the ir led's are still bright and shinning.

so...what exactly is the problem. you can't point? or you can't press the buttons.

i think you're having the problems many people are having (including me, but i fixed it). here's a quote:

"Our demo Wii remote stopped working this week. The pointer was still functioning but the motion sensing appeared to be totally unworkable.

Today we managed to get through to tech support at Nintendo and they told us to hold the remote face down in one hand and spank it sharply with the other.

"We've only tried this once," they said, "but give it a shot."

I was boggling at the conversation as it was being relayed to me, but by God it worked. Thing is just as precise as it was before."

[edit] woops didn't read the post above :D

anyway, now i'm sure it's the wiimote.

see, you have to remember. the wii consists of four parts. an accelerometer, a gyrometer, normal buttons, and the ir receiver.

the problem for you, as well as many others seems to be the gyrometer. so th e buttons will work, their receiver will work, the acceleromter will work but without the gyromer, it won't. the problems comes fromt he gyromter getting stuck or something.

Last edited:
csiguy4u said:
The sensor bar doesn't have lights. . .what are you using?

If you look at the sensor bar through a digital camera or half-decent mobile phone camera it can pick up the IR frequency and you can see the lights quite clearly when the system is powered up.

Of course the downside of this is when you can't see the lights, you don't know if it's your camera not picking them up or the sensor bar not working...

hey, if you want to play it before the new sensor bar arrives try using two candles. IR light is just heat anyway, so put two candles on your tv, spaced approximately as the IR emitters are on the sensor bar and and try it out. If the problem is in the sensor bar and the Wiimote is perfectly fine then its guaranteed to work. Ergo, it would also be a good way to check if its actually a sensor bar problem.

if you go on youtube and search "wii candles" there are a bunch of videos demonstrating this, heres one of them:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXmBx1AeHMs

Good luck,
Joe

Goots said:
If you look at the sensor bar through a digital camera or half-decent mobile phone camera it can pick up the IR frequency and you can see the lights quite clearly when the system is powered up.

Of course the downside of this is when you can't see the lights, you don't know if it's your camera not picking them up or the sensor bar not working...

There still aren't any visible lights on the sensor bar that can be seen with the naked eye, which was my original point.

Goots said:
Ah gotcha. Apologies.

No prob.

Sunset.jpg

Well guys, Today I went over to toys r us (who somehow had wiimotes in stock) and bought a new wiimote.

It works beautifully.

Guess it wasnt the sensor.

Oh well, problem solved, and now nintendo is sending me a free new wiimote =D

Echotrueno said:
Well guys, Today I went over to toys r us (who somehow had wiimotes in stock) and bought a new wiimote.

It works beautifully.

Guess it wasnt the sensor.

Oh well, problem solved, and now nintendo is sending me a free new wiimote =D

A new wiimote? I thought you asked for a sensor bar. Anyways now you will have 2, pretty cool :D

It would not matter if the sensor bar was "upside down" as there is no communication between the wiimote and the sensor bar. The sensor bar is for frame of reference only. You could remove the sensor bar all together and just place two dinner candles on top of your tv and they will emit similar levels of IR light.

Back