Help with my homework (Wii related)

Nareg

WiiChat Member
Nov 26, 2006
For my homework in marketing I need to describe how nintendo accomplishes 3 out of 8 promotional objectives with their promos/ads.

One of the three I have selected is reinforcement.

Reinforcement = "Assures users they chose the right brand and how to get the most satisfaction from it"

So help me please. I need to think of some things nintendo has done to convince all of us, that we were right to choose the wii over the ps3/xbox. I need to think of marketing or promotional movements they have made to convince us that we are happy with our product, after we have purchased it.

Well, one example would be the demos of ordinary people playing the Wii.

Instead of flashy animated demos and stages, Nintendo has shown consumers what playing the Wii can be. From the woman who squeals with delight when she casts the fishing line playing 'Twilight Princess,' to the old Japanese couple enjoying themselves playing the Golf segment of 'Wii Sports.'

There's also the simplicity factor.

One thing most companies will do, is sometimes overfill items and ideas. The Wiimote and Nunchuk are simply-designed items.

The Wiimote also returns to a time some 20 years ago when controllers were so simple. Over the last 20 years, controllers got larger, and some look downright dangerous and intimidating (those XBOX controllers come to mind).

Nintendo also brings many features to a system that is almost halfed the price of a PS3 and Xbox 360. The remote is like an actual remote not a controller and keeps you entertained by keeping you active and keeping you hooked.

Should hit on the point of targeted demographics. Because in the various wii commercials they have different sorts of individuals who the japanese men bring the wii to. Showing how it can be enjoyed by many a types of people.

Back