Need Tips on getting Homework done faster?

Desi_Wii_G

Welcome to the Good Life
Aug 14, 2007
Wii Online Code
8914-3870-7184-8437
Well my teacher was discussing this all day and I thought it was very helpful. If you are like me and you have a busy school life homework is the last thing you need on your mind. I have football practice right after school and then I have 2 honors classes that load me with homework. So here I go...

Find all materials before beginning: What this means is rake up everything you need for your homework so you don't have to go looking for it and get frustrated when you don't find it. Usually teens get aggrivated or off tasks when looking for materials.Maybe you can even get a snack or some water ready. Study shows that chewing gum is good while doing homework because your brain thinks it is getting food.

Find a nice area: Find somewhere you feel comfortable. Some people like to work alone in a room sitting on their bed. Or some like to be around people and not feel alone(me). Basically find a good spot you like.

DON'T watch television: Television is a major reason why teens don't get their homework done quicker. They look up thinking they will only watch for 1 minute then they get sucked into it. You can try listening to music, though some can't really think clearly while they listen to music some can. But television is a big NO-NO.

Set a routine: Make a set time that you are comfortable with and something you can stick to. Preferably something descent such as 6:00 p.m. But remember for it to work you must stick to it for a while an then it will become natural.

Hit it and hit it hard: When you start doing your homework don't shift on to other assignments then your brain will become confused about what to focus on. Try to just finish up as fast as possible.

Switch on different subjects when done: Ok, this one is a little hard to explain but I will try. Lets say you just finished your Math homework, then after that you should go to work on your English homework. Your brain uses different parts so one part of the brain is not being overworked. Your brain functions better when it has rest(such as sleeping). This has also been Scientifically proven.

REVIEW!: Take about 5-10 minutes on what you learned in class that one day. It will add about 30 minutes extra work for you so you will understand it more. Also this helps you on tests, instead of cramming everything in your brain you already know it so you can briefly study. It makes things a lot more easier.

Well these are some of the things I do to help my school career out. Thank You all for reading. :)

Rep is appreciated much! :)

maybe you'd get your homework done faster if you weren't spending time on the wii forums or playing your wii. just kidddding =P

cassieboo said:
maybe you'd get your homework done faster if you weren't spending time on the wii forums or playing your wii. just kidddding =P
HAHAHA... Good one lol:lol: I wish I had time to play my wii. And when I do my arms hurt like hell from Football Practice, I can barely pick up the Wii Rmote. lol...

I say just dont do your homework(not recamende yes i suck a spelling) or just do it when you get home from school

Ps rep does nt matter no rep i hate rep !
ps i found my gb color and pokemon silver(5+ hours)and having a great time !

Last edited:
(He're I've made some changes to your article to improve it...) :thumbsup:

Well some guy on wiichat made a thread about this the other day and I thought it was very lame. If you are like me and you had a busy social life (when you were at school) homework is the last thing you need on your mind. I have beer (?) practice right after work and then I have 2 Halo classes that load me with glee. So here I go...

Find all materials before beginning: What this means is rake up everything you need for your homework from the internet... i.e. If your assignment is about the Romans - then simply got to google and type in "ROMANS". Click on the various pages and CTRL-C CTRL-V into your document. - There you go! All you need to do now is cut bits here and there - and re-structure other people's words so that it appears you have written the article. This technique can save hours and hours of actual work.

Find a nice area: Find somewhere interesting to go - rather than sit at home doing homework! - You only live once. How about a walk in a park? hanging with your friends? Or perhaps going to a movie/gig? There's a whole world out there!

Do watch television: Television is a major reason why teens don't get their homework done quicker. They look up thinking they will only watch for 1 minute then they get sucked into it. But TV is great! With so much quality programming on right now can you really afford to "not" watch some TV! The homework can wait til anytime - but the simpsons/24/Southpark/CSI (etc) are only on once (a day)...

Stuff the routine: Make a set time that you are comfortable with and something you can stick to. Then ignore it - cause there's no guarantee that a plane engine isn't going to fall into your bedroom/work-area Donnie Darko style. - Best to keep moving and doing things in an erratic pattern. The perfect time to do something is - when you can be a**ed doing it...

Hit it and hit it hard: The bottle I mean! A good stiff drink can do wonders for your self esteem and leaves you feeling great! You will be able to write more fluently and endure even the most tedious activities - all with just a little help in the form of liquid refreshment...

Finally if something becomes too tedious (like this post) then just quit it and face the consequences of your actions later. If you are of average intelligence then you should be able to wing it at least for a while...

yeah seriously along with tv i'd add in AIM and the internet.

BrandonMcAuslan said:
(He're I've made some changes to your article to improve it...) :thumbsup:

Well some guy on wiichat made a thread about this the other day and I thought it was very lame. If you are like me and you had a busy social life (when you were at school) homework is the last thing you need on your mind. I have beer (?) practice right after work and then I have 2 Halo classes that load me with glee. So here I go...

Find all materials before beginning: What this means is rake up everything you need for your homework from the internet... i.e. If your assignment is about the Romans - then simply got to google and type in "ROMANS". Click on the various pages and CTRL-C CTRL-V into your document. - There you go! All you need to do now is cut bits here and there - and re-structure other people's words so that it appears you have written the article. This technique can save hours and hours of actual work.

Find a nice area: Find somewhere interesting to go - rather than sit at home doing homework! - You only live once. How about a walk in a park? hanging with your friends? Or perhaps going to a movie/gig? There's a whole world out there!

Do watch television: Television is a major reason why teens don't get their homework done quicker. They look up thinking they will only watch for 1 minute then they get sucked into it. But TV is great! With so much quality programming on right now can you really afford to "not" watch some TV! The homework can wait til anytime - but the simpsons/24/Southpark/CSI (etc) are only on once (a day)...

Stuff the routine: Make a set time that you are comfortable with and something you can stick to. Then ignore it - cause there's no guarantee that a plane engine isn't going to fall into your bedroom/work-area Donnie Darko style. - Best to keep moving and doing things in an erratic pattern. The perfect time to do something is - when you can be a**ed doing it...

Hit it and hit it hard: The bottle I mean! A good stiff drink can do wonders for your self esteem and leaves you feeling great! You will be able to write more fluently and endure even the most tedious activities - all with just a little help in the form of liquid refreshment...

Finally if something becomes too tedious (like this post) then just quit it and face the consequences of your actions later. If you are of average intelligence then you should be able to wing it at least for a while...
If this is such a lame thread why are you posting here?... Do you ever want to be successful in life? Or do you want to work in a "Blue Collar" job and barely make ends meet?

Desi_Wii_G said:
If this is such a lame thread why are you posting here?... Do you ever want to be successful in life? Or do you want to work in a "Blue Collar" job and barely make ends meet?

He was just joshin' you - I thought his modified list was *hilarious*:) It doesn't dilute yours which was an excellent contribution, but come on, isn't homework a little lame :D

People need to lighten up and get a better sense of humor with life and themselves.

You want a tip to get your homework done faster?

Cheat.

Personally, I am disgusted with some of the conversation going on in this thread. Cheating and Plagiarism will not get you very far! Sure, during your teenage years and early twenties you will be seen by your peers as a social god because your always out getting drunk and acting like an idiot but that won't last long. Not taking your study seriously will result in you working a 60 hour week at your local petrol station and just barely making your ends meet.

A lot of people will find Desi_Wii_G's tips very helpful and will appreciate this thread. We don't need people confusing studious, decent people with the ridiculous suggestions in this thread.

Seriously.

Brawny said:
And will not be given for such a ctrl-c, ctrl-v job.

I think MSN helps me get my work done.
Copy and paste?... I assure you that is far from the issue but I guess I can't change your minds. And sorry for getting heated up, I thought he was for real and you didn't need to call me lame... But i's all good in da neighborhood!:cool:

Back