Hey all, give me some game suggestions for the youngsters please...

DarkUncle

WiiChat Member
Nov 27, 2007
Hi guys,

First post here. I was wondering if some of you experienced Wii folk could give me some good game suggestions for my 2 sons, ages 4 and 5. Yeah, they are kind of young but nothing wrong with gaming early in my opinion. My 4 year old is actually always on my laptop playing those Noggin and Disney games on their respective websites. So I figured if he can handle a computer game he should be able to handle some Wii games, right? So I bought one this weekend for Christmas. Ok, lay some suggestions down on me...

Thanks in advance,
DU

My sons (4+6) love Super Paper Mario and Wii sports.

They also love lots of the older games downloaded from the Virtual Console.. .. .. and I love the games too as there are no discs to ruin! Bomberman, Paper Mario, Mario Kart 64, Sonic the Hedgehog.. .. .. ..

If you do decide to go down this route you will need to buy the classic controller to be able to play some of the older games

Wario ware, Mario Party, Raving Rabbids, Cooking Mama(?),

My niece and nephew can't get enough wii sports though. (6+8)

Cooking Mama
Warioware
Super Paper Mario
Wii Sports!
Carnival Games
Wii Play
Smarty Pants
EA Playground
Chicken Shoot

dont get chicken shoot. thats an insult to the kids, seriously. i would get mine super paper mario and some VC games. take them through the history of gaming;)
although obviously i dont have kids. anyway wii sports entertained the hell outta my nephew though, especially when i showed him the mii i made of him. "hey thats really cool that really is me it looks like me!"
i was happy:D

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. As I am new to this whole Wii thing, I have no clue what this virtual console is. I'm guessing it's the online part of the Wii? I can download games from there? I'll have to do some reading up on this. The last console I had was the Playstation 1 and, as you know, consoles had no online capabilities back then. I can connect the Wii right up to my router for the computer?

I bought the Wii Sports package bundle so I have that convered. I just went out and picked up Mario Galaxy and the wife bought them Cars. I have heard some conflicting opinions of Cars. But they did absolutely love the movie so perhaps thay would like the game as well.

DarkUncle said:
Thanks for all the suggestions guys. As I am new to this whole Wii thing, I have no clue what this virtual console is. I'm guessing it's the online part of the Wii? I can download games from there? I'll have to do some reading up on this. The last console I had was the Playstation 1 and, as you know, consoles had no online capabilities back then. I can connect the Wii right up to my router for the computer?

I bought the Wii Sports package bundle so I have that convered. I just went out and picked up Mario Galaxy and the wife bought them Cars. I have heard some conflicting opinions of Cars. But they did absolutely love the movie so perhaps thay would like the game as well.

Yes, if you have a wireless router you can connect to the internet and access the Virtual Console (VC) on the Wii Shop Channel. This allows you to download tons of games from past Nintendo consoles such as the N64, NES, and SNES. You do have to convert your money into Wii Points, however with 100 points being equivelent to $1.00. Most games are 500-1000 points so $5.00-$10.00.

I'm glad to see you bought the Wii, it's a great console. If you're slightly into video games, then you probably will find yourself playing as well. And Mario Galaxy is an awesome game.

Well, I'm generally a PC gamer myself but I'm not one of those people that turns their noses up at consoles. I just never got around to picking one up until now. I figured the Wii is great for the kids and at the same time offers me alot of different game options not available on PC. So it makes for more variety than say if I bought a 360 or PS3.

I'm itching for the new Metroid and Zelda myself. Man, I haven't played those titles since the original Nintendo. Problem is if my wife finds out about this she'll accuse me of buying the Wii for myself and not for the kids at all. How dare she...:lol:

DarkUncle said:
Well, I'm generally a PC gamer myself but I'm not one of those people that turns their noses up at consoles. I just never got around to picking one up until now. I figured the Wii is great for the kids and at the same time offers me alot of different game options not available on PC. So it makes for more variety than say if I bought a 360 or PS3.

I'm itching for the new Metroid and Zelda myself. Man, I haven't played those titles since the original Nintendo. Problem is if my wife finds out about this she'll accuse me of buying the Wii for myself and not for the kids at all. How dare she...:lol:

Metroid Prime 3 is a great game, and you'll probably be amazed at the graphics and art direction, as was I. Do you know about the new Super Smash Bros. coming out? It'll probably be the biggest release on the Wii....maybe even ever! Believe me, you'll want an equal turn with your kids...:lol:

DarkUncle said:
Problem is if my wife finds out about this she'll accuse me of buying the Wii for myself and not for the kids at all. How dare she...:lol:

We all have to live with this - Just give it until the end of January when the kids aren't playing all the hours they can and then buy a couple of games to 'reignite their interest'.. .. .. It worked for me!!

Back