How do I play friends online with Wii?

reddrob36

WiiChat Member
Feb 5, 2009
Ok I have had a few people on here request my information to play me live. Thing is, I don't know what to do. How do you play with Wii friends online? I have played with random people and know my wireless connection is working. Curious as to how to add individuals to my preferred friends. When people ask me to send my info I haven't a clue as to what to send. Do I send my consoles mac address? Does each game setup a specific friend code # for me? Is this what I send and if so how do I locate it? Gosh I wish it was easy as xbox live, just add a gamertag and play the person! Any help would be appreciated. The games I am trying to play online are mariokart and brawl if that makes a difference.

Yea both those games have their own friend codes. got to the online menus for both games. in brawl go to ur friend roster and it will be on the top. for mario kart go to mario kart channel go to friends and it should be under ur mii

As mentioned in the above post, once you go online with any game, that specific game gets a Friend Code, a 12-digit number that's basically your ID, the equivilant of a gamertag in numbers only.

In order to play with other people, you'll need to add their own Friend Code, and then give them yours to add. Basically, you need to be able to contact that person to give them your FC(friend code).

Where you find the code is dependant on the game. Just search around a few of the online menus and options and you're bound to find the 12-digit number eventually. For example, on Brawl, when you first log on your click "play with friends" or whatever the option is, and at the top of the screen should be your FC.

Back