How far can you Wii?

WiiGod said:
Nice pun on the title lol. I haven't really played anywhere strange or bothered to try a long range effort as I don't need to. I tried playing sitting down but it not as much fun :arf:
Thanks, i wondered if anyone would pick up on it. :lol:

I can never play Wii Sports sitting down but my friend always does, we joked that he would have to take a chair with him if we ever really went bowling.

I do play Godfather, SSX and Monkey Ball sitting down though.

I've played wii tennis behind the tv watchin the mirror. My friend bowled from inside his closet. It adds to the fun pretty much. So does beer and wii combined.

deafy said:
I've played wii tennis behind the tv watchin the mirror. My friend bowled from inside his closet. It adds to the fun pretty much. So does beer and wii combined.

What is the size of your television?

Someone posted that the larger the size your television is can somehow reduce the effective range of the sensor bar but I suppose that is not true.

Bluetooth has a range of about 30 feet or so, Im not sure the range on infrared portion of the controller. Blue tooth is also very good on batteries but all the other stuff is taking a toll on it as well.

My esperiences:

You can use the bluetooth motion sensing till 10 meters away, allthough the infrared pointing will only work like 5 meters away

I live on the 3rd floor of my condo complex, i have my wii in my living room and i went down stairs and across the parking lot and i bowled a strike. i had to be about 100-125ft away

flferio said:
I live on the 3rd floor of my condo complex, i have my wii in my living room and i went down stairs and across the parking lot and i bowled a strike. i had to be about 100-125ft away

:eek: DOOD!! No way! Either you're lying or that is really cool :cool:

nope being dead honest, we were bored when we first got it and played it for 12hrs straight, we wanted to try something new

it wasnt the best connection it took a few tries but it worked.

ive gone from my bathroom and wii'd while wii'in lol

laying in my bed

outside my door etc random places

screen size isn't gonna affect controls/sensor ranges cuz the tv doesn't "send" info to the wii. I have the old fashion projection tv and the pointer has absolutely no lag whatsoever... On my friend's 23" LCD theres too much lag for my taste and that affects me greatly on Tanks and tennis. Gotta predict at least 1 second into the future in order to play accurately..

Actually heres a youtube video of bowling from more than 400 feet away...
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHQEpNp2pIo[/MEDIA]
But idk might be fake might not be as you can see theres nothing in between him and the wii just thin air...

Last edited:
Yeah I think it's fake because the bowler was fixing his curve and stuff from 400 feet away, I doubt he'd be able to see that..
But Nice Find :thumbsup:

Back