How it's impossible to be fair to Twilight Princess

THat tingle tuner dude calls him a fairy. but only cause he's obsessed with becoming one himself and link happens to wear a green tunic just like him.

this is kind of biased.
i actually loved twilight princess for the wii.
it's so much fun.

Great article :)

Couldn't it be argued that Zelda games have never tried to please everyone?... that zelda is strictly.. well.. Zelda. Isnt that what makes Zelda games so great?.

Ill Say It One More Time!
Link Is A Hylian! No Elf....and If Ion Said It Oh Well They're Easy To Mix Up!

Oy... :lol:

I've finally got the ability to post here, so I'll repost my original statement from the TP subforum, in case you didnt see it:

I dont say "Link is an elf" - I say (and if you allow me to quote myself ) "the elf-heavy franchise". Slim semantic difference, but a difference no less. Fellow poster, Taero, got it spot on when s/he says: "Or...perhaps...you know, the OP could be having a joke on the fact that Hylians ears resemble that of elfs/elves/whatever? This doesn't mean he actually believes Link to be an elf, sheesh."

Indeed. I'm being tongue-in-cheek, because it's pretty clear Hylians are based off elves - they may not BE elves per se, but they're certainly elfish (not to be confused with 'elven' ). The pointy ears and ability to hear the Gods via them better than 'typical' beings tend to be a giveaway and all ;) And no, he most certainly isnt an fairy - especially seeing as there are other fairies in the franchise who clearly mark themselves as such and totally different from the elfish (ha) Hylians.

So I hope that clears things up. Or at least gets the discussion past this issue...

Thanks for reading, as always.

C.

Roof, Roofs & Rooves

Just read the article today and must say that the tone of it was dead-on the money, no need for a review but of the philosophy of this epic series. To be partially impartial takes a standpoint of open mindedness and a certain lack of true interest in what you are reviewing - none of us could be accused of impartiality :lol: certainly not discussing Wii games on a Wii forum :hand:

I am new new new to Zelda and the main reason I have left it this long regards the sheer length of the adventures - Corey mentions that the lead-in to the adventure is paced as such to draw the new and experienced gamer into the sheer world of Hyrule, which it does with impressive competence...but, the design is such that they have honed factor x; i.e. the need to know what's next, to just get to... to see what... etc. Which on the whole it's done rather well - for me, it's immersive; certainly.

To address the 30+ hours that goes with the game makes it a niche title in my opinion, what Nintendo have done with the series has made it revered amongst fanboys & or so called hardcore gamers. These gamers seem to revel in this mystical reputation and as so, hold Zelda dear and close. For me, this was a perception, which, has ultimately steered me away from the series, although to be fair I did play a very very early title and just couldn't get into it.

Playing LOZTP for the Wii has been a voyage of discovery for me, maybe I have more patience now I am older. The graphics are well suited to the ambiance of the titles' look and feel - for me - and all this crap about them letting it down as a launch title, well where's the point? As long as the storyline drags the player in - it's entertaining..job done! After all, the earlier titles didn't have the cosmetics that this one does and people still raved about them....!!

To say I am a true convert to the series....well, the jury's still out, but certainly the press coverage and reviews 'pushed' me into buying, I suppose, and I am not disappointed in any shape or form!

The controls have certainly impressed me - but - I think the Wii's controls have made all the launch titles I have played, more fun, more immersive.

Epics like Zelda, certainly have a place in the quick fix, now now now culture we are evolving into. Longevity of these titles are proven and Nintendo have demonstrated that they can grow and evolve the world which was created as Hyrule - for it to last this length of time is certainly testament to the evolution of ideas - after all core gamers wouldn't keep coming back again and again for nothing....would they?

I would sum it up for me personally; the Wii's lack of overall titles at launch has given me the chance to discover a game that I wouldn't have normally purchased and received a nice surprise to boot - taken purely on it's merits of storyline and implementation....not many games can say that...

Last edited:
Like is a Hyrulian, navi is a fairy, Of chorse link has pointy ears but he's from Hyrule, Not an elf at all, just a guy named Link who is from Hyrule to save princess Zelda from the evil ganondorf. For once & all Link is not a fair, or an elf, navi is a fairy. link has pointy ears don't make him a elf.

For the person who saids Link's an elf, don't know legend of zelda, nintendo created link in a world called Hyrule, so Link is a Hyrulian.

Back