How many push-ups and crunches can you do?

i can do 26 push ups like [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wC-0tvn9sE4&feature=related"]this[/ame]

if you do crunches right they are much harder then situps

Hmm. Well whenever I do them at home, I put hands crossed over my chest in about 3 sets of 25 with 90 second breaks, every day. Seems to work alright, I wish I had a 5 lb weight to hold as I'm going up. I would do situps if somehow I could hold my feet down on the ground.

Because pushups put an excessive amount of strain on your shoulders (not 'build muscle' strain, more like 'break your rotator cuff' strain), they restrict your range of motion, and you can only lift as much as you weigh. You can stack plates on your back if you want, but when something as simple as benching solves all three of these problems and probably even more, there's really no reason to do pushups at all.

Because pushups put an excessive amount of strain on your shoulders (not 'build muscle' strain, more like 'break your rotator cuff' strain), they restrict your range of motion, and you can only lift as much as you weigh. You can stack plates on your back if you want, but when something as simple as benching solves all three of these problems and probably even more, there's really no reason to do pushups at all.

Tell that to my gym teacher ;)

We had to see how many pushups we could do in a minute yesterday and we did about 100 crunches or so today as a class.

I got 40 or so pushups in a minute, its been so long since I've had gym..

There are no guidelines for gym teachers or coaches, which is very stupid. They just tell you to do whatever exercises they want.

if your doing situps etc... which work out your stomach, you should also work on your back, otherwise you will end up with a hunch

come on girls, you all knwo that girls need to be in tip-top shape.
noone wants to date a fat lazy girl.
only guys can be fat and lazy.

just joking.

Yea Leve I understand what you mean. The day after doing those push ups, I felt my shoulder really strained. Lmao I wanna tell my gym teacher what you said xD

if your doing situps etc... which work out your stomach, you should also work on your back, otherwise you will end up with a hunch
A good piece of advice, yes, but I don't think it's too essential for people that are just doing crunches in their spare time.

hmm when i was in wrestling my max perfect push ups was 94, crunches idk never maxed perfectly usually around 150 i feel sloppy though.
now i can probably do like 30 perfect push ups ha ha and like 50 perfect crunches.

sorry i accidentally double posted, my computer is too slow and i clicked on post twice.

Last edited:
hmm when i was in wrestling my max perfect push ups was 94, crunches idk never maxed perfectly usually around 150 i feel sloppy though.
now i can probably do like 30 perfect push ups ha ha and like 50 perfect crunches.

Back