How the hey to do move from med to hard in GH3??

gnahc79

WiiChat Member
Mar 14, 2007
San Jose,CA
So I have some basic music skills from my childhood years and managed to finish GH3 on medium. This is my first experience with the GH series btw. The last set of songs were a bit more challenging, but it was manageable. Now that I'm moving onto hard I can't for the life of me do frickin' slow ride on hard!!! Anytime that orange button pops up I get all freaked out :). I tried slowing the song down some in practice, but I still have trouble sliding all four fingers down one button. Half the time I slide it halfway where all of my fingers are in between the buttons, the rest of the time I over-slide it and my pinky finger is past the orange button :crazy:.

Any tips? Try a different song or something?

I think you just have to get used to the slide. After you do it enough, it will become a lot more comfortable. Keep your thumb flat on the back of the guitar. Like you are sliding it along a rod. And keep your thumb at the "fulcrum point" in the center of your fingers. Like, pretend that there is a pencil in your fingers. If you are holding the pencil with your pinky, pointer finger, and thumb, it should be gripped tightly and not twist or slip. This is the feeling you should get on the neck. I don't know if that made any sense.

I just realized that you can hammer on and pull off after making it to that Slipknot song on hard. There were some parts I was getting so frustrated with. I knew there was almost no way to "pick" those notes that fast.

Goto practice mode and select a song to do on hard difficulty. But instead of doing the guitar, do the bass part at normal speed. Bass on hard is roughly between guitar difficulty on medium and guitar difficulty on hard.

What I did was practice over and over on medium sliding my up every time I saw red. Do it enough times and you'll become a natural! And like Rain Foxx said, getting all 5's is excellent practice and will eventually make you more accurate for the harder songs.

Just remember that this type of game is exactly like Dance Dance Revolution: There are very little tricks to foul you up. As you get more comfortable with "2nd" and "3rd" positions on the fretboard, you'll soon realize that it's very progressive and you'll almost be compelled to move up because of the note structure.

I had this same problem...but after a couple days of practice, I had it down flat and could do some ahrd songs...just be patient and keep trying

what helped me, is that i put the hyperspeed cheat in, turned it up to five, and played medium for a while, then tried hard and it felt like it was going real slow

i found it easier

YOU GUYS ARE SUCH N00000bs.

Haha.

I had this same thing, luckily it was oh GH2. GHIII hard is about equivalent to GHII expert; don't be discouraged.

Practice mode slow is your best bet. I've heard people say to learn with your fingers down and reach for the green. I still prefer to reach for orange, but I have large hands...Iunno.

^Brawny I felt the same way...I never beat expert on GHII but I gotta say hard mode felt like expert...I beat it though for GHIII

Its really not that hard to to. I got gh3 (my first gh game) on halloween, and im already almost done on expert (im on the encore song in the 7th tier which is cult of personality, and its fricken ridiculous!.) Just keep practicing and you'll get good at it FAST!!!! Lou on hard was nearly impossible too, i cant believe i beat him. must have gotten really lucky.

woot! Now that I'm on vacation from work and the baby (somewhat) I've managed to do decent on hard. I just went through my 1st try with Morello and got beat soundly, but it seems beatable after several tries.
What I did initially move my thumb down ~2" to where all four fingers would be when hitting the orange button. I did that for a few songs to get a feel of how far to slide down. After a while I didn't need my thumb as a 'marker' :).

play real guitar. that will get you good . (seriously)

I'm trying to make the same jump now. I don't have a lot of time to practice so its difficult. I beat 3 of 4 on the first tier and am stuck on Talk Dirty To Me.

It seems very beatable, but I keep messing up the finger placement as a long string comes up and I fail.

Back