Hard/Expert Guitar Hero!!!

FLYNNN

Join The Sonic Fan Club!
Dec 8, 2007
Massachusetts
Wii Online Code
0204-2578-2014-7346
Hey guys, let me start by saying I LOVE guitar hero and it's loads of fun to do with friends, but I just CAN'T grasp hard difficulty, yeahs some of you "Experts" May laugh but I just can't do it. I remember a couple days ago, lol, I couldn't grasp medium, but at least than I had a finger to use for blues NOW ORANGE. I was hoping it was going to be like medium and after an hour of playing I'd get the hang of it but I haven't it, this is also annoying because I've 5-stared for some perfected all Easy songs, and 4 and 5 stared all medium songs, I don't really like online because of my skill level and it just annoys me, please help.
Advice?
Stories?
Can anyone relate?
What difficulty do y'all play on and how long did it take you to get there?
Don't lie...
Thanks in advance.

yea i am pretty much in the same boat as u...i cant grasp hard either, i cant slide my hand quick enough and when i do i cant get my fingers back on the right colors...i always feel like my fingers are tied in knots :lol: ...gues we just have to keep practicing.

yeah i understand your frustration. it took me all of an hour or two of playing to get the hang of hitting the blue fret, but i ended up taking nearly a week before getting the hang of the big scary orange monster.

what i'm guessing is that you're trying to stretch your pinky to hit that new fret. that might work for a little while, but most players have developed a new position: putting your index finger on the RED fret, NOT GREEN, and allowing your pinky to hit the orange fret. from this position, you can easily stretch your index finger to hit the green frets. another option is to shift your entire hand between the two resting positions, which is what i do. it takes a bit more getting used to, but it doesn't strain your fingers nearly as much.

all in all, just find a method that you're comfortable with and practice practice PRACTICE.

btw, i now play on expert with ease after about a month of playing.

I think im lucky I have long fingers, so I have an easy time reaching orange. Do what the person above me said, try putting your index finger on red.

AoWFraggit said:
putting your index finger on the RED fret, NOT GREEN, and allowing your pinky to hit the orange fret. from this position, you can easily stretch your index finger to hit the green frets.

think im gonna try this one...thanks :thumbsup:

yep the transition from medium to hard is indeed a big one. i never had to make the transition from easy to medium as i started on medium (but i sucked terribly when i first started)... but it will definitely take some practice to squeeze in that fifth fret.

what i do is slide my hand between the two resting positions as stated above. just practice, practice, practice. and that's what the little bump on the yellow fret is for. helps you regain your hand position after all that movin around :p

I started playing expert on guitar hero II (xbox360) within a day or two of getting the game - I have a strong musical background and I find these rhythm type games more akin to sight reading and rhythm exercises of musicianship classes rather than playing an actual instrument obviously. But the key to actually doing it is picking a song that has some skill you'd like to learn (say fast changing chords or scale/run type solo) and practicing it slowly section by section on practice mode.

Thanks guys, the only problem I would find with aving my index on red is that it would make it harder to get used to medium and easy again, lol ironic I know but it's the truth, I wanna be able to slide my hands, and I could use my pinky to hit blue and orange but honestly it's to hard for a finger that is slowly shrinking generation by generation, and what someone said about being confused about switching positions is exactly how I feel I get confused and fail :-(.

practice im stuck on some hard songs atm but i got most of other songs with ease after i did the first 1.

go to practice menu and play it slower.

and i need help= how u play the really fast notes (bunched up)

i found that hard was jst like medium...except with the orange button lol. to play with that color, just shift your hand down the fret buttons one color. then your doing the same thing but with the setup of red, yellow, blue, orange. play like that until you feel that you can play sort of in the middle of everything like i do.

this advice is coming from expert player (top score dragonforce about 380,000)

edit:

and for those fast notes, strum for the first one then go on without strumming (only if following notes are shining at the top). and if there is a sequence with many of one type of note like at the beginning of take this life (expert) just hold down the lowest note and play the rest normally

This is my first time playing GH as well and it took a while for me to move from med to hard. Now I'm stuck on level 7 on hard... "3's and 7's" and "Before I Forget". I managed to get through "Stricken" and am too scared to try out "Knights of Cydonia", lol.

For me I put my thumb where the '2nd position' would be to hit the orange note and keep my fingers in the '1st position'. Whenever an orange note would appear I would slide up and back down accordingly, keeping my thumb at the 2nd position the entire time. This helped me learn how far to slide up and down. Now I don't need to do that anymore.

hmmm...practice on hard songs with slow speed.....and try to move you fingers up and down so that you can get the orange

try this.... hit red+yellow...then yellow+orange

R+Y....Y+O....R+Y.....Y+O and so on...go slow....use your index and ring finger

yeah im stuck on cult of personality (last song in 7th tier) on expert and i dont think ill ever pass that solo, because it just keeps going on and on and its just ridiculous. but i did think that i'd never beat Lou on hard and i did, so i guess there's hope.

try to play guitar hero 1 or 2 if you can get the chance they have easier songs, and they can ease you into the orange fret. and yeah...cult of personality took me around 20 tries, i really wanted to give up, but now it's my favorite song.

my advice is what i do diffrent from people who arnt as good try only have the the finger you are pressing aganst the buttons on the guitar just keep the other ones aff and it will let u move from button to button faster and easyer

Back