How to keep yourself from buying games?

lattes

WiiChat Member
Dec 19, 2007
It isn't a money issue really, I am just trying to NOT buy every game that catches my fancy because I figure I won't end up having time to play and enjoy the ones I have.

Any tips?

Uh rent some, or don't buy them? :lol:

But yes, what I do is rent the ones I am unsure of or am slightly interested in.
This way I can see if its a good game and its worth buying, and I don't end up wasting money on a game that takes me 2 or 3 days to beat.

Research a game throughly before you buy it, or else you'll end up getting crappy ports that just look good.

i try to hold off on buying a new game until i've beaten the games i have or at least wait till i get sick of them. It's hard with the whole online gaming thing since you never really beat a game anymore, so i just buy when i'm sick of playing the ones i have.

kyle

OMG I know what you mean. I have so many Wii games I haven't even touched. All of them are good games too but I could have lived without buying them. As well as Xbox 360 games and PC games. I have played a total of 10 minutes of Medal of Honor: Heroes 2. I have played a littel through Super Mario Galaxy but I haven't even unwrapped Metriod Prime 3: Corruption. I'm probably done with Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles and well, the rest will never be played.... like ever. My problem is, I can't focus. My eyes go in like every direction at once. While I play one game I wish I had another and I just keep buying them all. I probably have 15 Wii games I purchased brand new for 50 a piece when they were released.

well for me its easy, i just tell myself "ok either we buy this or we have a roof over our head and we can eat." works everytime, bills and my health come before games.

Back