Hyrule Historia Timeline Details Spilled, Everything You Need to Know about the Third

Three branches?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

We need a resident Zelda expert to sum this up for the poor souls who can't fathom this.

... Such as myself.

yeah i know right, it seems foreign to me. Some Zelda expect should explain this timeline

^ That's the first thing that confused me... I've never seen four swords placed remotely like that, even on older and moar stupid timelines.

Zelda Timeline iRevealed???

Ok all, I got an update on this whole Zelda timeline thing, i guess Big N finally stepped in, -->Zelda Timeline Revealed?
this still confuses me, and probably all Zelda players out there, unless if someone a wiz kid at timelines.
This so confuses me, this timelime assumes Link was defented by Lord Ganon in OOT? i don't understand.

Last edited:
WHAT THE ****?! Ninty is actually saying something concrete?!

... A Merry Christmas to all Zelda fans? :D

Ok all, I got an update on this whole Zelda timeline thing, i guess Big N finally stepped in, -->Zelda Timeline Revealed?
this still confuses me, and probably all Zelda players out there, unless if someone a wiz kid at timelines.
This so confuses me, this timelime assumes Link was defented by Lord Ganon in OOT? i don't understand.

Really that timeline makes no sense. Wind Waker happened cause OoT Link wasnt around to save the day from Ganon cause he was thrown into the past again. This says plenty of Links were around between OoT and WW

There is no indication in OoT or other Zelda games that Link was ever defeated. If this were to happen Ganon would never be defeated, hence no adult or child branches.

And yet....
There is no indication in OoT or other Zelda games that Link was ever defeated. If this were to happen Ganon would never be defeated, hence no adult or child branches.

The oddity of the hero dying only being possible in OoT is ridiculous as is.
If time travel can do that, then OoA may bring more branches along.

If OoT Link died, they should have made a game on it or something. Thing about Zelda is that they made to many random time sequences, so Nintendo covers it up by saying they did it on purpose and makes up stuff that hadn't happen in any games, like OoT Link dying and the Sages flooding Hyrule for Wind Waker to take place.

Thing about Zelda is that they made to many random time sequences, so Nintendo covers it up by saying they did it on purpose

yes/no

The time sequences ain't random at all, no. Hyrule Historia 'n such is proof that it's not a load'a **** that randomly falls into place haphazardly. Games like Twilight Princess and Wind Waker which clearly exist on different timeline splits from Ocarina of Time and it's detailed as such in the games themselves. At the same time, it's damn-well obvious a series that has gone on for 25 years has had quite a bit of improvisation in how the games' stories will link to the past (ba-dum-pssh.jpeg) and such. There's no proof as to when or why they decided to tie all the alternate timeline madness into things, but I'm confident it hasn't been utterly random since before TP, perhaps even around the time of WW/Minish Cap/etc. they were beginning to tie in all the timeline madness.

Since after TP, I have absolutely no doubt Ninty has been officially takin' into accounts all the timeline lore into account when developing Zelda games.

This is pretty silly. It seems the only reason for this mess is that they tried tying these events together when that was never its purpose.

Back