Zelda timeline. What really happend?(spoliers)

Wiitendo

Banned
Jan 28, 2007
Mushroom kingdom :P
WARNING SPOLIERS!!!

Hello fellow zelda fans. Im here to discusse a new timeline theory. We all know that the most spectacular massive fantasy franchise zelda has a screwed up, but present timeline. After watching the retoperspective from gametrailer i thought of this.

What if the wind waker led to twilight princess. In WW the real hyrule was sunk under the sea. When link "seals" ganodorf at the end once again tetra and link set out to find a new home = phantom hourglass THAT NEW HOME IS TP HYRULE! think about it, thats why the mapping supposivly from OoT is so thrown off. Lake hyila in the middle of the world, ordon village/faron woods to the qest (in OoT it would be koirki village and lost woods.) However I have yet to plug in the other zelda games, but this is what my theory is so far. What do you guys think?

I watched the retrospective from GameTrailers, too, but to be honest it has a lot of mistakes in my opinion - not GameTrailers' fault though. Nintendo just didn't create the games with a certain timeline guidance, because, basically, they never thought it'd attract so many fans.

As for your addition to their theory: I thought that Miyamoto had confirmed that TP was before WW. Can't find a source though, because I'm not even sure I read it.

where the hell would mm fit in? originally i would have thought it was the farthest down the timeline, but link is still a child...of course, link could have turned into a child after oot and then returned to hyrule and turned back into an adult right before tp...hmmm...there are so many ordering possibilities because of links ability to travel in time.

I don't think even Nintendo is sure they are just happy that they have huge sales and are just like "Let's let them think that there is a huge storyline and it's possible to unveil it"

Is it confirmed that The Legend of Zelda is supposed to even be a timeline. I thought I read somewhere that each game has its own "version" of how The Legend of Zelda actually went...

maddmaxx46 said:
Is it confirmed that The Legend of Zelda is supposed to even be a timeline. I thought I read somewhere that each game has its own "version" of how The Legend of Zelda actually went...

EXACTLY...when I first heard of and got into the series I thought that there was some overall timeline but that is NOT the case. There are many Legends of Zelda...why? Because a legend is story from a long time ago. Its been changed so many times that no one actually knows the truth of it to be honest. Hence there are variations of what happened but the main storyline stays true..."A Young Hero awakens to rescue the world". Twilight Princess just happens to be the new option about what really happened and I happen to think its the BEST "Legend" so far. So really if you actually believe that all these LoZ games are in the same timeline then you've got issues. Why can't people enjoy the game for what it is and not come up with these dumb theories?

Back