Storyline and History of Hyrule Explained!

In Link to the Past you fight Ganon because he was resurrected by the wizard.

I think TP comes after Wind Waker..it would make more sense wouldn't it?

Sparx said:

no because rmemeber, hyrule was still flooded over at the end of windwaker, i say TP takes place at when he was imprisioned because the wizards were also called the sages and those are the ones who imprisioned him in TP

Sparx said:

not necessarily becuz he isnt "locked away" at the end of windwaker he is submerged as a statue after being stabbed by the sword in the face...

and in tp zant "resurrects" ganon in a way becuz he uses his power to bring him back using the powers of the twilight

i think its kinda funny that he is stabbed in someway to be "finished off" in virtually every zelda game

Dkw0101 said:
no because rmemeber, hyrule was still flooded over at the end of windwaker, i say TP takes place at when he was imprisioned because the wizards were also called the sages and those are the ones who imprisioned him in TP

yeah the sages are always the one that imprison him, even in OoT

True...true....I still believe in the theory that I did.

Minish Cap---Orcarina of Time---

Universe A: Majoras Mask ------ Links Awakening------Legend of Zelda I------ Legend of Zelda II------The Four Swords------A Link to the Past--------Oracle of Seasons

Universe B: Twilight Princess ------The Wind Waker -----Phantom HourGlass-----Oracle of Ages

this theory is all fine and dandy but i think tp should go after phantom hourglass and before oracle of ages, therefor it takes place precisely the same time as a link to the past

and as far as explaining how twilight princess goes after phantom hourglass, maybe we can simply assume that a new hyrule was created above the ocean? seem plausible to me seeing as how Nintnedo said TP takes place years and years afterwards and its the same zelda and link from ww possibly?

just a guess, havent actually played hourglass however, dont even hava ds, lol

Wow, that WHOLE thing should be in quotes because from what i see this is a complete rip off of the angry nerds theory........unless i missed something

i made a timeline not too long ago actually so im quite interested in this theory stuff, its mind juggling isnt it

thats why i love it

I only got through the first two paragraphs, but it's clear you were actively listening to the Gametrailers video as you were typing out your entry:

Gametrailers version:
"Hyrule was created by 3 goddesses: Din, Nayru, and Farore. Once they created the fantasy world, they left. All that remained in their wake was the Triforce and void that was created in the spot where they crossed dimensions. This become known as the Sacred Realm, or Golden Land, to the inhabitants of Hyrule. All of this is told during a cutscene that plays partway through the Ocarina of Time. Several sages emerged out of the Hylian people. They constructed numerous temples, including the Temple of Time, and the Master Sword to protect the Triforce and the Sacred Realm. Before long, a war began amongst the races of Hyrule to find the Triforce, and it lasted for several ages. Eventually, the Minish grew sick of the never-ending conflict and created the Picori sword. This weapon was given to Gustaf, a soldier garbed in green, who used it to stop the long war. Gustaf was dubbed King of Hyrule, and the Picori Sword, or Four Sword, was placed in a pedestal. Every 100 years, a swordsmanship tournament would be held, and the winner would be permitted to touch the legendary blade. Most of this information was first revealed in the Minish Cap for the GBA. A number of theories, including our own, consider Minish Cap to be the earliest game in the timeline."

Sparx version:
"Hyrule was created by 3 Gods: Din, Nayru and Farore. After creating this world, they left, leaving only the TriForce behind. This became known as the Sacred Realm. The sages of those Gods created Temples to protect the TriForce as well as the Master Sword. Before long, a war began in Hyrule to find the TriForce, which lasted for ages. Eventually, the Minish grew sick of the never-ending war and created..The Picori Sword. This weapon was given to a hero named Goostoff (I might of spelled it wrong) who wore the Hero's Tunic (Green Tunic) to stop the war. Then, Goostoff was named King of Hyrule. The Picori Sword was put in a pedastel, and only every century one man was aloud to touch it. This was all mentioned in THE MINISH CAP for the GAMEBODY ADVANCE. This proves a theory that MINISH CAP is the first game in the Legend of Zelda Timeline."

Gametrailers version:
"The second game, which is similarly placed throughout multiple fan-created backstories, is the Ocarina of Time. It seems to feature the first appearance of Ganondorf, as the king of Hyrule doesn't seem to know about his evil intentions. Ganondorf was busy searching for the entrance to the Sacred Realm so that he could wield the power of the Triforce and rule Hyrule. But after years of finding nothing, he decided to trick the king into helping him."

Sparx version:
"Then, in ORCARINA OF TIME, it shows the first appearance of Ganondorf, who pretends to be loyal to the King of Hyrule, but the King does not know of his evil intentions, therefore making it the 2nd game in this storyline. Ganondorf was also searching for the Sacred Realm so he can wield the power of the TriForce, and rule Hyrule. But, after years of nothing, he decided in trying to trick the King into helping him."

I believe that TP was after WW because in the beginning, it tells the story of OOT. So it would have to be afterwards wouldn't it? Because if it was before, then they would have told a different story.

manred said:
I believe that TP was after WW because in the beginning, it tells the story of OOT. So it would have to be afterwards wouldn't it? Because if it was before, then they would have told a different story.
yes but nintendo could of been pulling off a george lucas, they prolly planned another game that takes place after TP

Dkw0101 said:
yes but nintendo could of been pulling off a george lucas, they prolly planned another game that takes place after TP

:lol: Maybe, but I highly doubt it. I just don't see why they tell us straight out tell us the timeline though.

manred said:

according to most all timelines including sparx TP does take place after OoT but he believes it takes place before WW

i agree in that TP should be after WW and PH however

Thats not a rip off, I just heard it then put it in words, but similar to that.

Rip off pausing and playing and writing down word for word, I listened to all of it about twice without pausing to write down the words, then I wrote it down.

It is in my own words, but since I got the info from there it is similar.

BTW I watched that video on GameTrailers, not AVGN...I don't, maybe same video, different site?

oh, ya i relized i while ago its not the same, just similar in some key points.

btw

i belive AVGN works for gametraillers, so that should clear up some things

Back