Storyline and History of Hyrule Explained!

Sparx

WiiChat Survivor
Feb 9, 2008
Wii Online Code
7082-5155-7237-8142
I know all of you are wondering how the ****ing story goes!

Let me explain this very simply:

History of Hyrule
Hyrule was created by 3 Gods: Din, Nayru and Farore. After creating this world, they left, leaving only the TriForce behind. This became known as the Sacred Realm. The sages of those Gods created Temples to protect the TriForce as well as the Master Sword. Before long, a war began in Hyrule to find the TriForce, which lasted for ages. Eventually, the Minish grew sick of the never-ending war and created..The Picori Sword. This weapon was given to a hero named Goostoff (I might of spelled it wrong) who wore the Hero's Tunic (Green Tunic) to stop the war. Then, Goostoff was named King of Hyrule. The Picori Sword was put in a pedastel, and only every century one man was aloud to touch it. This was all mentioned in THE MINISH CAP for the GAMEBODY ADVANCE. This proves a theory that MINISH CAP is the first game in the Legend of Zelda Timeline.
Minish Cap Quote : " The tiny Picori appeared from the sky, bringing the hero of men a sword and a golden light. With wisdom and courage, the hero drove out the darkness."

See that? Hero of men, not the hero of time, which proves that Minish Cap is indeed the first in the storyline.

Then, in ORCARINA OF TIME, it shows the first appearance of Ganondorf, who pretends to be loyal to the King of Hyrule, but the King does not know of his evil intentions, therefore making it the 2nd game in this storyline. Ganondorf was also searching for the Sacred Realm so he can wield the power of the TriForce, and rule Hyrule. But, after years of nothing, he decided in trying to trick the King into helping him.

EVERY game in the Legend of Zelda series (excluding Minish Cap) has mentioned Ganon in some way. Therefore, proving ORCARINA OF TIME, must be second in line.

After Orcarina of Time, things get VERY confusing.

After Orcarina of Time, Link is sent back to be a child again, to live the childhood he never had. UH OH! REWIND! What does this mean? This means that the timeline has split in 2 ways! One universe is when Zelda stays Adult Zelda in the future with Ganon sealed in a magic prison but with no link, and one where he is sent back to be a child, before he met Zelda. Why? Because if Link had never met Zelda, then things would be back to Ganondorf ruling Hyrule, so they created 2 universes! So they kept the future Universe with Adult Zelda by herself with a Ganon that is sealed away by magic.

Now, we will call the one where Link is sent back to a child UNIVERSE A, and when Zelda stays an adult and Link is deleted from the future is UNIVERSE B.

In UNIVERSE A, Link goes back to inform the King that Ganon will take over, since he has already been to future. After he tells the King, a war breaks out between the King and Ganon, so Link leaves Hyrule to search for Navi, who had abandoned him in OoT at the Temple of Time. This is.....MAJORAS MASK where he finds Navi and defeats Termina, the 3rd in storyline for UNIVERSE A!

Now, after Majoras Mask, Link sets upon a ship to return to Hyrule, and is shipwrecked upon an Island, where he must defend himself and get off the island, this is.....LINKS AWAKENING, the 4rth of the storyline of UNIVERSE A. This is a confusing game, since at the end Link realizes it was all a dream.

After LINKS AWAKENING, Link returns to Hyrule to be informed that Ganon has won the war, and is once again...ugh...The King of Hyrule. This is....THE LEGEND OF ZELDA (5th in the storyline in UNIVERSE A), which was the first Zelda game ever made. Now here, Link must get all the TriForce pieces (8 of them) to defeat Ganondorf a second time, and become a hero, once again.

After Legend of Zelda , there is the sequel, LEGEND OF ZELDA 2 (6th in the storyline of Universe A). This game introduced the ORIGINAL Princess Zelda. In this game, Zelda has fallen under a deep sleep. Now, Link has to get the 3 pieces of the Triforce to awaken Zelda.

Confused on why there are about 20 Princess Zeldas? In Zelda 2, they mention that every daughter born into the royal family must be named Princess Zelda. The Zelda from Zelda 2 is the ORIGINAL Zelda.

Then, comes the 7th game in the storyline in Universe A. THE FOUR SWORDS. Which introduces yet another Link and Zelda duo.

Then Link to tHe past, in 8th place, where Ganon comes back once again but this time with a Trident.

Finally , in 9th is Oracle of Seasons, which I will explain later on.

UNIVERSE B
First up is WINDWAKER!:

In Windwaker, it explains what happens after Link is deleted from the future, leaving Adult Zelda with a Ganon sealed in by magic. After exactly 100 years, Ganon somehow breaks out of his prison and still contains the TriForce of power, which he uses to transform into Ganon and reak havic onto Hyrule. So the Gods have no choice but to flood Hyrule to prevent Ganon from escaping. Now here it introduces yet another Zelda (Tetra) -Link duo. Once Link defeats Ganon ONCE AGAIN, Hyrule is un-flooded.

Well thats all, wait....what about Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages?
In these 2 games, they are pretty much the same. These two are obviously last in both Universes, since they both have someone trying to resurrect Ganon.

Finally..WE ARE DONE!....WAIT?!?!!? What about TWILIGHT PRINCESS AND PHANTOM HOURGLASS? Could this ruin our storyline theory?

Well, Phantom Hourglass goes in Universe B, after Windwaker, since it mentions it is right after the un-flooding of Hyrule.

But, many people have been wondering where does Twilight Princess go?

Now, it obviously does not fit into Universe A, and it no one knows where it goes in Universe B, so it can go anywhere in Universe B, doesnt matter.

So...in summary we have:

A sequel to the original, a prequel to the original, a sequel to the prequel, a prequel to the prequel, a prequel to the prequel's prequel, a sequel to the young link of the prequel's prequel, a sequel to the adult link's prequel, a prequel of the sequel to the adult link's prequel and a sequel to the prequel of the sequel to the adult link's prequel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT THE ****!!!!!!!!!!!

Confusing eh? Let me put it easier for you.

Minish Cap---Orcarina of Time---

Universe A: Majoras Mask ------ Links Awakening------Legend of Zelda I------ Legend of Zelda II------The Four Swords------A Link to the Past--------Oracle of Seasons

Universe B: Twilight Princess ------The Wind Waker -----Phantom HourGlass-----Oracle of Ages

“The true heart of the Zelda games is the game play, if you can’t enjoy the game play, you won’t enjoy the game or the story. Instead of looking at all the Zelda games as a whole, try looking at each one separately, after all, that is the way they are developed; it’s not like Zelda is like Lord of the Rings. Each Zelda game is a different legend and a different experience. You don’t have to get the first one to understand the story of the 3rd one, the 6th one or even the last one. Zelda games are not meant to connect in a line, they aren’t meant to tell the entire history of Hyrule, they’re meant to be single, fun experiences. But hey, don’t sweat it, it’s not something that deserves a loss of sleep…SO JUST ENJOY THE ****ING GAMES AND HAVE A GREAT DAY!"
-Game Trailers Studios​

Last edited:
if you got that from gametrailers it's not 100% acurate because a link to the past takes place befor the original zelda games, it even said so on the back of the box.

Only the quote from Gametrailers, I have said so. Of course its not accurate, and Link to the Past is after. I can prove it.

Ganon only obtains the Trident of Power at the end of Legend of Zelda II, and he never uses before, only after in Link to the Past, which proves Link to the Past is after. Its stupid because then why do they name it Link to the PAST? Why not Link to the FUTURE or another name?

Lol I doubt you guys read it all, atleast read the ending part, its most important.

Read the part I made where the words Prequel and Sequel come up alot..

Took me forever to get my brain straight and figure it out >.<

ok, prove it is after. i have the back of the box it came in that states it is a prequel to the original.

I just told you, Ganon only obtains the Trident of Power at the end of Legend of Zelda II, and he never uses before, only after in Link to the Past, which proves Link to the Past is after. Its stupid because then why do they name it Link to the PAST? Why not Link to the FUTURE or another name?

Sparx said:
I just told you, Ganon only obtains the Trident of Power at the end of Legend of Zelda II, and he never uses before, only after in Link to the Past, which proves Link to the Past is after. Its stupid because then why do they name it Link to the PAST? Why not Link to the FUTURE or another name?
i take it you wathced the AVGN video on it.

Avgn = ???

I actually watched 3 videos, one from GameTrailers, one from ForeverGeek, and one from GameSpot.

No, Game Trailer, Gamespot and ForeverGeek, I dont know about AVGN.

i always pictured A Link to The Past and Twilight Princess happening simultaneously in their own seperate universes because of the similarities between the games. The wizard in lttp vs zant in tp. The twilight realm vs. dark world. Mirror of Twilight vs. Mirror that lets you warp back and forth. Turn into a wolf in twilight, turn into little animal in dark world. The game seems to be about the dark wizard but at the end you fight ganon anyway.

There is no explanation really for these 2 games being so similar and them taking place at the same time but it just seemed to fit to me.

And i was really amazed by the similarities as well, kinda crazy huh?

Back