I am curious, with most of the popular emulators working on the Wii why use VC?

ciper

May 1, 2007
▐▄█▀█▄▌
I havn't kept track of the latest releases but I know that the SNES NES Genesis and GameBoy Advance emulators run on the Wii now. Wouldn't you rather play the original unedited version of the game than pay 5-10$ for a limited selection from the VC store?

ciper said:
I havn't kept track of the latest releases but I know that the SNES NES Genesis and GameBoy Advance emulators run on the Wii now. Wouldn't you rather play the original unedited version of the game than pay 5-10$ for a limited selection from the VC store?

Can you enlighten me on how that is done?

The emulators do not include the ROMS so you have to add them to the ISO before burning them.

I found out that some N64 games also work using the Zelda emulator, mostly only Nintendo titles though. I havnt tried N64 games but Nes/Snes/Genesis worked well.

One limitation is that you can only have 1000 roms per folder, so if you plan to have a complete list of roms you will have to create subdirectories.

ciper said:
The emulators do not include the ROMS so you have to add them to the ISO before burning them.

I found out that some N64 games also work using the Zelda emulator, mostly only Nintendo titles though. I havnt tried N64 games but Nes/Snes/Genesis worked well.

One limitation is that you can only have 1000 roms per folder, so if you plan to have a complete list of roms you will have to create subdirectories.
You mentionned "burning," does that mean you need some sort of Wii mod ie. WiiKey and then burn the ROMs and emulator to a DVD in order to play these ROMs on the Wii???

No you dont need a modchip. They will work with one but you can use the Gamecube ActionReply memory card backdoor if you want to preserve your warranty.

how exacly do you put them on the wii this sounds interesting...
Free Games... himmm...

If you're buying a $250 gaming system to steal games, when you can do the same thing on a computer, I think you failed the IQ test. If you want to steal games, get a computer. Since it's invention people have stolen scores of PC games, and have barely ever been punished.

The difference is the Wii may add in a update that turns your Wii into a brick for stealing. Just like the 360 with XBL. So before you rush into... You know what. Go ahead. Stupid people. I give up trying to give logic to theives.

I use the VC because i dont want to go through all those headache's and risks to save a buck or 2.

I use VC because I support Nintendo and I like their VC services. Also if an update comes out that shuts down illegal downloaded stuff, then I am out of a whole system. Didn't that happen to the paper mario people who tried to download the game and play it?

Back