I cant disable email notifications

here is how you fix it:

Nintendo Wii Forum > user Control Panel > Edit Options

under the Messaging & Notification section > Default Thread Subscription Mode

select no email notification and save changes.

You can also turn off the PM notification

LOL, I knew that a long time ago....

sorry I didn't post it. I thought you had already checked that and it wasn't working for you.

AZ_Wii_Tard said:
here is how you fix it:

Nintendo Wii Forum > user Control Panel > Edit Options

under the Messaging & Notification section > Default Thread Subscription Mode

select no email notification and save changes.

You can also turn off the PM notification
Which one of us is in error here? I swear that is exactly what I took a screen shot of in the very first post :wtf:

LMFAO...it's me today....

try not subscribing at all.... log out. log in. change to no email.

you will still be notified of old threads, so you might have to unsubscribe, then resubscribe if you are that desperate.

sorry about that last post.

paintba||er said:
Well I think changing that option only applies to threads that you subscribe to in the future. So you will probably still get emails for the ones that you have already subscribed to.

This is correct. That just changes your default option from that point on. All threads that you subscribed to prior to choosing that, will still end emails.

Brawny said:
subscribed threads are different than email notifications.

here's the link to what you are looking for. half-way down the page.

http://www.wiichat.com/profile.php?do=editoptions

When you subscribe to a thread, vB uses the email notifications to manage the subscription. They are basically the same thing. The default thread subscription section decides whether you subscribe to a thread by posting in it. Email notification handles how you are notified of the subscription activity.

Last edited:
Click not to subscribe to anything. This happened to me when I first joined - had shedloads of emails from wiichat. I had to unsubscribe to all threads to get rid of it. Its hard keeping track where I've posted now though...

BrandonMcAuslan said:
Click not to subscribe to anything. This happened to me when I first joined - had shedloads of emails from wiichat. I had to unsubscribe to all threads to get rid of it. Its hard keeping track where I've posted now though...

Go to the search box the right. Click on Advanced Search, below the Go button.

Type in your user name in the 'Search By User Name' box. You will get all the threads that you have replied in, in the order of the thread's most recent posts (by default).

Back