I made a thread regarding news on Wii homebrew and it was deleted

The_Loose_Cannon said:
no i asked the mod who banned him and he said it was because of an illegal download site that he posted.

he got 3 months :(

i want to lift the ban but im SURE ill be stepping on some toes and i dont want to question authority even though i have a higher rank than this moderator. however through respect, i wont do it.

ive already lifted one members ban (kiwi) for his avatar from 30 days issued by stoukaph. felt that because of my avatar, his shouldnt of been taken off.
Ya, I think it was the Harry Potter thing then. He posted a link to a torrent of the leaked book...

i guess. i thought it was the homebrews but maybe it was harry potter? but hes had that up for a few days prior to the ban??? also vagrant did the same similar thread and some mod deleted that?

:confused:

oh well it wasnt my ban so i wont get involved

The_Loose_Cannon said:
yeah i know rolex but i told him that i tried to look for the thread to even see where he could of went wrong :( the mod in question had permanently deleted the thread so there was no way for me to check back and maybe unlock it or even undelete it (if it was soft deleted for future reference not perma delete that its untraceable again)

no offense taken :)

Fair enough cheers - the only reason I jumped in was that a couple of weeks ago a thread I was participating in; with amongst others shiftfallout; was deleted. The thread got a little heated and it was being dealt with internally - i.e. by the ones participating: and to be fair - he was being talked down in a "sensible" manner, you know what I mean I'm sure...but I requested why the thread was pulled without reason and received no reply. I did contact a mod [sorry can't remember who] just out of curiosity as I didn't think there was any reason to delete...anywho not the main point now. So I was sympathetic to cipers original argument!, hence me chipping in!!

Is there no procedure in place to pull the thread, leave the title and lock an explanation in it's place...I'm sure people would understand more than just letting know by PM the one who is at fault, possibly. Just a thought.

Rolex said:
Fair enough cheers - the only reason I jumped in was that a couple of weeks ago a thread I was participating in; with amongst others shiftfallout; was deleted. The thread got a little heated and it was being dealt with internally - i.e. by the ones participating: and to be fair - he was being talked down in a "sensible" manner, you know what I mean I'm sure...but I requested why the thread was pulled without reason and received no reply. I did contact a mod [sorry can't remember who] just out of curiosity as I didn't think there was any reason to delete...anywho not the main point now. So I was sympathetic to cipers original argument!, hence me chipping in!!

Is there no procedure in place to pull the thread, leave the title and lock an explanation in it's place...I'm sure people would understand more than just letting know by PM the one who is at fault, possibly. Just a thought.

no problem :) its always good to chime in and help when you see something that just doesnt seem right. thats why i didnt take any offense to your post nor did i read it in a way id find rude or inconsiderate :).

either way i appolgize for the thread but usually when something pertains to shiftfallout, ive noticed that his harsh threads usually do get deleted because A) a report was made or B) a mod has noticed it before a report could be made.

so anything involving that member, id stay clear from because the thread will just go down hill.

if i knew who locked the thread or what the thread was about id help you but unfortunitly i dont. i do remmber a thread about england that went arye and i remember talking to like 10 members about why their threads were trashed and why the thread was locked. it raised a few eyebrows and tempers but once the members found out exactly what happend and why i did it, everything just died out on its own and everything was forgiven.

i always try my best to reason with members instead of deleting without such. sometimes members CBA and dont bother PMing me because they know they were in the wrong. thats the best thing :)

Back