Dedicated News Team

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
For the past few months i've done my best to keep up with the news on a regular basis ( it was easy back then :) ).

Anyway im sure you've noticed recently i've only been adding official press release news and trailers rather than unofficial or smaller news tidbits.

This is basically because there's too much to cover and with the forum being a lot busier my time is strectched.

Sooooo i think it would be a great idea to have a team of say 5? posters for a news team who can fill in the blanks around the types of news i have been posting.

If you take a look through the news forum you can see the type of layout and structure that we require.

For example say IGN have posted an article interview with a future Wii game developer? If you wanted to submit that news you couldnt just copy/paste the article.

Instead you would need to rewrite a few paragraphs giving a summary of the article and its key points - with any important quotes added etc.

And ofcourse with the link back to the article.

It might seem a little complicated or fussy but you'll see what i mean if you have a read through past news posts.

So how do you apply?

Just reply to this thread with a sample news piece in the structure and style as above and i will contact you via PM.

Ofcourse good English skills are required :)

I would love to contribute to the site, as every couple of days I check the likes of IGN and NWiiZone for latest news and games, though currently there is no new/exciting information to use, so I'll just use an old piece in which to show you the sort of thing I would write :

After the long wait and anticipation of using the internet via the Wii, we can finally see how the connection really works, due to the announcement of the release of the Internet Channel, though just a demo, it will be able to do practically everything you'll want to be able to do, and you'll be so enthralled in the fact that on the likes of Youtube on your TV, you'll forget all about that it's only a demo. The demo lasts all the way through to the end of June 2007, giving you plenty of time to decide whether you like it or not, and to experiment with even playing certain games online using the Wii remote, and even when the sad day comes when the demo runs out, it'll only cost a one time payment of a simple 500 Wii Points, inwhich you'll always have this channel.

Scott Hedrick, executive vice president of devices at Opera notes, "Our software brings the power and reach of the Internet to the hottest video game system available. Wii's unique interface adds a new dimension to our browser, making it a useful tool that the whole family will enjoy operating with ease."

Source

aaand thats it :) if you want my help or not, cool either way, I'll just keep making threads of new stuff when I find it :)

Last edited:
Helping either way:

On Christmas morning, Wii owners will be treated to a surprise visit from Mario himself in the form of Super Mario Bros. for the NES, which can be downloaded for a mere 500 Wii Points. If Mario is not your thing -- although that would make owning a Wii pretty strange -- then there are plenty of other ways to sate your thirst for classic gaming on the Wii. Street Fighter II from the SNES is also slapping its way onto Nintendo's download service for 800 Wii Points. Players looking to vent their Christmas morning frustrations on the legions of the undead can do so with Super Castlevania IV, going for 800 Wii Points. Satisfying the desires of every child of the 90s, SEGA has saw fit to offer up the much-beloved Genesis title, ToeJam & Earl for 800 Wii Points. Finally, R-Type for the TurboGrafx-16 makes its return for 800 Wii Points.

Most of us were wanting that free Mario gift but not all of us heard about it. This article shows us Nintendos Christmas gift. A batch of well chosen VC games to satisfy most of the oldscool gamers and the ones who just want to have some fun messing with their old games :). Either way lots of people should be happy with if not, there is still going to be other games :)! Hope these are some games you can cross off of your "Going to Get" list.

Source

Last edited:
Anyone remember the tombs and adventures of Lara Croft on her first adventure for the Ps1? The original Tomb Raider was personally the best one in the series, along with lovely voice overs of Lara Croft and how the perverted ones would perform close ups and have their own "exploring adventure". The Tomb Raider series, has been great, but nothing can surpass the original, as it had been flawless upon it's time of the release of the Playstation. At this time, Tomb Raider had been Sony's answer toward 3D platforming that changed how exploration and wild adventures should be.

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/752/752165p1.html

Back