I love it... but theres one really dumb thing about it.

scmstrack06

WiiChat Member
Apr 12, 2007
If anyone here is a fan of the Paper Mario series like me, you would miss the old RPG style. I havent played much but 10 minutes, because my little brother wanted to play, but so far it seems too much like super mario world 1 2 or 3. I miss the old RPG with all the cool weapons and going into battle etc. Does it get like that, or is it gonna stay super mario world style?

Huh?

It seems nothing like the Super Mario games to me besides the enemies and the fact that it's sidescrolling. Super Mario's focus is on platforming, this game is RPG combat elements and puzzle solving.

En4Neo said:
Huh?

It seems nothing like the Super Mario games to me besides the enemies and the fact that it's sidescrolling. Super Mario's focus is on platforming, this game is RPG combat elements and puzzle solving.

He's exactly right. The RPG style for the TTYD was annoying with those stupid induvidual battles. This game brings a RPG feel and plays as a platformer.

mosx said:
He's exactly right. The RPG style for the TTYD was annoying with those stupid induvidual battles. This game brings a RPG feel and plays as a platformer.

I guess you could say it plays like a platformer, but it actually feels far from a platformer once you play it. If that's what you mean, agreed.

I was actually disappointed there wasn't much challenging platforming to the game. So it's different strokes for different folks.

There's no such thing as Mario World 3. And yes, it's different, but I like this one better it is actually more of a platformer than the old ones, and it is very similar to the nes/snes Marios and I like it. also, the RPG elements give it more depth, which I like.

The RPG elements in previous Paper Mario games got tedious after awhile. Especially in levels overcrowded with enemies.

It is rumored that they're making a Paper Mario 3 for the Wii in Late 2008. That might (if it's true) return to the traditional RPG gameplay.

I'm nt super far into the game, only on 3-3, but it almost seems like a puzzle game to me. The puzzles aren't overly hard so usually you just have to scratch your head for a second and you can figure it out. There hasn't bee anything in terms of difficult platforming yet. I really like this and my fiancé likes it too because she's not the best at platforming so we both can play the later levels.
-Dave

I really enjoyed this game but I look forward to another Paper Mario RPG.

Metric said:
There's no such thing as Mario World 3. And yes, it's different, but I like this one better it is actually more of a platformer than the old ones, and it is very similar to the nes/snes Marios and I like it. also, the RPG elements give it more depth, which I like.

do'nt you mean paper mario 4?

I've heard from loads of people ( i havent got this game) that it reallyisnt very long. maybe thats why there making a new one so quick, because theres loads they didnt put in this one so they could get a quick release

Back