I think Nintendo might have to count on there own games.

Wiitime

the guy below- HES BACK!!
Oct 15, 2006
Wii Online Code
1405-1695-6567-5492
I havent played all the games that have came out, but i have read reviews for a bunch of them from Ign, ebgames etc.... i think Nintendo is going to have to count on there own games to really sell. SSBB, Mario strikers, SUper Mario Paper, Mario Party 8, SMG and more games they r making... SOme of the other companies arent there yet with the controlls. The only company i really see doing well is EA. They have done well with will the controls( but from what i am hearing not tiger Woods). So for the games that sell big, i think that it will be up to Nintendo. Nintendo should start releasing more info on these games!( SSBB, SMG, Strikers).. But i think nintendo will come through with those games and hope other companies do better with the controls

Beleive me over 50% of game profits for Nintendo are made by Nintendo.

This is how it is with all systems 3rd parties are never smash hits except a few rare cases 2nd parties are pretty good too

I dunno, I got godfather for wii yesterday, nintendo is finally going to put some blood and gore on their system for us older players, so I think developer support will definately get better

Just because a game is violent doesn't mean it's good.

look at all the great games that are coming out!

Super Mario Galaxy
Super Paper Mario
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Animal Crossing Wii
Metroid Prime 3
Mario Kart Wii

And yeah the 3rd parties are not doing the best job with the Wiimote, but they are doing ok.

ea is doing a great job with wii, im curious to see if 2K will start bringing some games over, also curious about activision (spiderman 3).

Well, that is a personal view.

I see those games on that list and immediately the word 'kiddy' spring to mind.
( except for MP 3 ).

The Wii must depend on more than just Mario, more than just Nintendo otherwise it'll just become yet another flop, lacking third party games like the GC. An opportunity missed.

Grabbed defeat from the jaws of victory

Nfanboy said:
Just because a game is violent doesn't mean it's good.

look at all the great games that are coming out!

Super Mario Galaxy
Super Paper Mario
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Animal Crossing Wii
Metroid Prime 3
Mario Kart Wii

And yeah the 3rd parties are not doing the best job with the Wiimote, but they are doing ok.

Last edited:
I don't think so. Third party has nearly trippled. With biggies comming to the wii like guitar hero, metel solid gears(snakes in brawl already..) Final fantasy, and tons other games. Nintendo has no problom with 3 party support. I myself think nintendo can easily substain on their own proven in the 6 and 5 generation console war with gamecube and the N64. Well. the more the merrier! :thumbsup:

stewart01 said:

( except for MP 3 ).

The Wii must depend on more than just Mario, more than just Nintendo otherwise it'll just become yet another flop, lacking third party games like the GC. An opportunity missed.

We striped sony of whatever they had. Now with only rachet and clank(on 360) and KH(might be on wii and/or 360) Nintendo is doing a much better job then sony and microsoft. "kiddie" nvm. not going to start.

stewart01 said:

( except for MP 3 ).

automatically from your statement i can tell your not a real nintendo fan. If you have nothing to do other than shoot people brains out don't play the wii and don't take part in the wii forum honestly. Because if you don't consider the first party games as real games, there is no need to be here. I would advise you not to fool around with nintendo when you look you sign up your self to stay in the hospital for a few weeks....

your saying they should depend on their games and the next minute your saying they aren't good enough. What do you want from nintendo. sounds like your contradicting yourself. Kiddie has nothing to do with the game being a great game or good game, so get over it. You can't really judge nintendo and their games until online play has come in to full effect. i just hate the word kidde. nintendo been making games for years and all of a sudden everything is kiddie that come out you gamers mouth. It's quite annoying.

there r good games coming out. I just want some release dates.... I hope Madden 08 is onine. My mainwish list... SSBB this summer with online. Mario strikers charged to come out soon, Madden 08 online,and release dates for all. Thats what i want and maybe a headset

While, yes, some of the major games are first party (and why not, Nintendo makes top quality games) there is a TON of 3rd party support as we have discussed. EA is really bringing some great games to Wii for once, which I think really suprised us because I was thinking Ubisoft would really be the top developer for Wii (with the exception of Red Steel, Ubisoft has brough some SERIOUSLY crappy games).

But I'm REALLY looking forward to Sadness which is 3rd party. RE:UC will be good, I think. [I mean, it uses the RE4 engine]

Yeah I believe things are looking up for Ninty this time around. A good balance of mature and everyone playable games is all I can ask for:cornut:

Back