If the Wii was out 20 years ago...

VR multiplayer shooter games have already been thought of and invented. It's called paintball. lol.

If the wii was out 20 years ago... well, Japan would probably be ruling the world with their advanced electronics. Though I don't think floppy discs and motion sensing would have mixed well together.

But, onto the root of the question! While electronics is advancing quickly, I don't think virtual reality, in the definition it's being given, is very likely. I think it will be more like what you see in .hack//, where you have a headset that reads your head movements, allowing you total immersion, but at the same time your movements will be choreographed (butchered the word?) by a controller.

I think we'll also see amazingly detailed games. Not just graphically, but in every sense of the word. Imagine playing Oblivion, and some one asks you "Will you find my family heirlooms?" and you can reply "Go suck a Cod, you old hag." and the character reacts appropriately (By kicking in you the groin, of course.)? Or Tekken 14 where you can choose what attacks target what points on the opponents body? I think that's what the future holds for gaming.

its would have cost a load amount of money, that tech would be to advanced

I've heard somewheres that with how fast Technologies is going..Virtual Reality games might come in another 30 years..

i like this topic.
i think they would completely stop using discs and cartridges and everything would be installed and downloaded using the internet or something more advanced. another thing is they could have advanced controllers such as touch screen where you can move the buttons around to suit you. i wouldnt like ALL systems to be virtual reality because i grew up with controllers and its what makes a video game virtual reality is kool but its more realistic and could be limited by yourself(if you fat you cant jump you need fast reflexes for online against others) another thing that would be kool is if(any of u guys played megaman battle network) they had something like a PET which pretty much everyone had. if you had a navi your character in some games would be based on it. and you can use it as a mic camera everything for the game.yeahh i dont know but id love to see what happens in the future.

they already have virtual reality games..Dave and Busters has one (huge arcade, i think it might be one of the biggest) chances are theres one in your state. i didnt play it though because it was too expensive at the time.

In 20 years, piracy will no longer exist, and games will cost much less as a result. (taking inflation into account of course)

I predict that we will not 'buy' a physical copy of a game as we do now, but we will 'download' our software directly from the publisher. This is, as many of you know, being done in the PC industry today. Demos are distributed in a similar way through X-Box live. This method is the wave of the future.

It will eliminate the need for wasteful, costly packaging and shipping costs while saving tens of thousands of man-hours in the process. In an era where the bottom line is increasingly scrutinized and companies battle for survival in cut-throat markets, this distribution method makes very good business sense.

Of course, in twenty years games will be many times larger size wise, but the infrastructure for extremely high-speed file transfers will be firmly in place by then.

Now, as for the games themselves? The only, and I mean ONLY limit will be our imaginations. Look at the huge technological strides that have been made in the last five years alone! These advancements will only continue to expand exponentially, and what we'll be playing in twenty years time -- and how -- is anyone's guess.

However, one thing you can be sure of is that it will be fantastic. Unlike anything in your wildest dreams. Is a cortex-implanted diode out of the question in twenty years time? I don't think so. But I do envy the next generation in this sense, and although classic retro gaming can be like a fine wine, I'm sure previous generations envy the great games we all enjoy today.

They'd probably have made those virtual reality games that are created by stimulating certain parts of the brain, they're working on that now actualy.

Back