In need of urgent woolworths info...

Ridley

WiiChat Member
Nov 25, 2006
OK, so HMV let me down... They're getting 10 in.

I had a ring around and found woolworths, but I don't understand their system. The woman on the phone claimed that the units they'll be getting 'pop up on their screen' and they call the preorderers who got one- then they say they get confirmed aload more! So they repeat the process. This woman said that she got some confirmation of preorders the other day, and she called the lucky preorderers- but now she's just waiting for the next confirmation.

Is this true?, does this happen? Woolworths preorder experience would help!

Thanks,

Josh

SON OF A *****!!! :mad2:

I knew woolworths would pull this ****! I've got a pre-order and was told "I would definately get one at launch if I pre-ordered". Bet 100 bucks I miss out.

But yeah that is how they work. Bunch of minimum wage old biddies who know sweet FA about customer service and common sense. I made the mistake of trying to buy a tv from there recently. They completed the transaction on my card and "then" found out they had none in store and the tv's were pre-order. Geniuses.

just to remind everyone, this was ordered at my local store- not online!

I was hating woolworths before it was cool. Just get there in the morning of launch first thing and demand your wii!

BrandonMcAuslan said:
But yeah that is how they work. Bunch of minimum wage old biddies who know sweet FA about customer service and common sense.

Classic!

I went into my local Woolworths today and they had no Wii info about the place at all.

My friend pre-ordered his Xbox 360 at Wooly's and had no problems at all. Then again, he was working there.

If you're worried that your not going to get your Wii, what do you reckon they will give you instead? Anything could happen at Woolworths!

Woolworths: "Hi Mr. Smith, your Nintendo Wii is here and ready for collection"
Mr. Smith: "Top stuff, I'll be down after my cup of tea to pick it up"
(Mr. Smith walks to his local Woolworths)
Mr. Smith: "Hi I'm hear to pick up my Nintendo Wii"
Woolworths: "Oh yes, one moment please"
(Staff reach under counter and place an item on the desk, Mr. Smith looks puzzled as the Staff look quite content with what they believe is a job well done).
Mr. Smith: "Erm....."
Woolworths: "Yes???"
Mr. Smith: "You do know that that is a turnip right?...."

Woolworths is the sort of place you could go in and alert the manager that someone has put Anthrax in the Pick 'n' Mix, and they wouldn't do anything about it.

hahahaha thats funni the turnip thing lol i got my wii at toys r us but i had to wait in line when i found out i could get a wii it was like 2 weeks before launch so NOWHERE WOULD reserve so i waited in line and i got the second to last one YESS

People Getting Wii's At Local Woolworths!

Any of you guys got any confirmation or phone calls from Woolies? Just 'cause (because of my luck) I don't think I'm gonna get mine, and I wanna find out ASAP, so I can try and get one somewhere else. Just wondering if anyone has heard anything from them

Back