Insomniacs assemble!!

[video=youtube;vkySYcWgtKk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vkySYcWgtKk[/video]

lol

GLaDOS flamethrower inbound?

Why is the title changed again?

WYNAUT.jpg

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/03/1...-bros-brawl-online-isnt-thrilling-any-longer/

SmashBros creator thinks that people are taking his game to seriously

Sakurai's never been a fan of Smash's competitive side... Which truly is sad.

Either way, I'm on Sakurai's side with this in all honesty, even with my plans t' go semi-competitive in SSB4. If you can't clearly distinguish and separate competitive players from casual players in an online environment, things get unfair for the casuals, things get boring or annoyin' for the casuals. Brawlin' with randoms truly isn't fun since all ya find are taunt parties or really good (campy-ass defensive) players... which is especially problematic for the casual crowd. Without the ability to create lobbies with descriptions, chaos is guaranteed to ensue. Thus, everyone but the competitive crowd losses out on some, if not all'a the fun. Considerin' the competitive crowd is a much smaller percentage than the casual or dedicated-but-not-competitive fans, that's a real issue.

I sincerely hope Sakurai works well with Namco t' establish a fine line between casual 'n competitive Smash players so that boundary won't needlessly be crossed and every player enjoys themselves the most they can, rather than Sakurai doin' everythin' in his power to crush the competitive scene ('cause it won't work, and will do nothin' but brew some angry gamers). Ranking systems, lobby descriptions, hosts controlling the rules and items, and other such features are sorely needed t' make everyone happy, so I hope SSB4 does more than oh-so lazy fighting games of today oft do in regards t' strengthening the online experience. Considerin' Smash is highly appealing t' casual gamers, it needs that online presence moreso than any other fightin' game out there.

Sakurai's never been a fan of Smash's competitive side... Which truly is sad.

Either way, I'm on Sakurai's side with this in all honesty, even with my plans t' go semi-competitive in SSB4. If you can't clearly distinguish and separate competitive players from casual players in an online environment, things get unfair for the casuals, things get boring or annoyin' for the casuals. Brawlin' with randoms truly isn't fun since all ya find are taunt parties or really good (campy-ass defensive) players... which is especially problematic for the casual crowd. Without the ability to create lobbies with descriptions, chaos is guaranteed to ensue. Thus, everyone but the competitive crowd losses out on some, if not all'a the fun. Considerin' the competitive crowd is a much smaller percentage than the casual or dedicated-but-not-competitive fans, that's a real issue.

I sincerely hope Sakurai works well with Namco t' establish a fine line between casual 'n competitive Smash players so that boundary won't needlessly be crossed and every player enjoys themselves the most they can, rather than Sakurai doin' everythin' in his power to crush the competitive scene ('cause it won't work, and will do nothin' but brew some angry gamers). Ranking systems, lobby descriptions, hosts controlling the rules and items, and other such features are sorely needed t' make everyone happy, so I hope SSB4 does more than oh-so lazy fighting games of today oft do in regards t' strengthening the online experience. Considerin' Smash is highly appealing t' casual gamers, it needs that online presence moreso than any other fightin' game out there.

As dumb as this sounds a hidden ELO system might be a good starting place. That way casual players can be put in with other casual players of the same skill level and competitive players will always get a challenge from another player.

Also, Rocker, do you have a fetish for emo japanese boys in headphones? I just hope this game can balance things out better.
Nope. I actually prefer Persona 4's Protagonist to Persona 3's, but seeing as I'm playing Persona 3 right now, I wanted to use him.

Also,
2LK05Mc.png

Saw this in that link. I lol'd a little too hard.

lol @ tryhards

As dumb as this sounds a hidden ELO system might be a good starting place. That way casual players can be put in with other casual players of the same skill level and competitive players will always get a challenge from another player.

"ELO" system?

... If that's similar to ranking-based random match-ups, there's no way I'd want it t' be hidden. I much enjoy stomping players in AC:III multiplayer if they're in the top 10 ranks or somethin', it does my pathetic gamer-pride good.

It'd also let casuals avoid potent adversaries if choosin' lobbies to join was a thing.

Nope. I actually prefer Persona 4's Protagonist to Persona 3's, but seeing as I'm playing Persona 3 right now, I wanted to use him.

Also,
2LK05Mc.png

Saw this in that link. I lol'd a little too hard.

Yeah well, you're still a weaboo. This gaem further proves it.

Back