internet connection problems

ade

WiiChat Member
Aug 21, 2007
Hello, was just wondering if somebody could help me with my connection to the internet. Ive currently got a wireless router(Netgear) but when i do a connectivity check it keeps coming up with 51330 error. It would be really good if somebody could offer me some advice. Thanks

Hello, welcome to Wiichat. The easiest thing for you to do would be to call Nintendo, they can probably fix your problem within minutes.

Some suggestions though: erase any connection settings you have on your Wii and start a new one; make sure you do a wireless connection and do automatic settings. Before doing this, it would be a good idea to turn off your router and unplug it for a bit, wipe all the settings off of it and start clean.

Make sure your security code on the router, if it is enabled, is allowing the Wii to access.

Try channel 1 or 11 on the router (I think these are the channels Nintendo suggests, but could be wrong).

Again though, calling Nintendo is the easiest way to get things up and running...they hear things like this every day and this is why they have customer service operators. Anyway, hope you get things working.

ok thanks for the reply will give that a go. cheers

Back