Internet for the Wii

Babydoll08

WiiChat Member
Jan 21, 2010
United States
I have a laptop with an Alltel/Verizon internet card, I am wanting to hook up internet to my Nintendo Wii, but am not sure how with this set up. Can I use a Lan Adapter, or a USB wi-fi Connector, or how would I do this??

afaik it is not possible using the verizon card. also, this will eat up a lot of data.

I get unlimited usage on my internet card. I have been reading where it is possible, there are different options you can do. I'm just trying to figure this one out, where you use you router hooked up to your laptop and have internet going to the router, and use the router as wifi to get the wii to pick it up.

How to create a network bridge?

I have a laptop with a wireless air card through alltel/verizon unlimited. I have a wii that I want to hook up to the internet. I have read many posts online and even watched some videos on how you can do this by making a network bridge connection, and buying a network adapter. So I bought a network adapter tonight, and tried setting up a network bridge but something just isn't right. I'm not sure if I'm not bridging it right or what. It won't let me bridge from my alltel/verizon adapter, but it will let me bridge my local area connection with my wireless network connection, but when I do a test on the wii it fails. I can see things in my network trying to change it's settings from local to public etc. and trying to identify the network. All I have in my network connections is alltel wireless internet, enabled-local area connection 5, network cable unplugged-local area connection, not connected-wireless network connection. The alltel is under a dial up, but I can't seem to bridge it no matter what I do, even disconnecting, or disabling them first. If anyone can give me a video or a step by step guide on this would be very appreciated. I have also tried turning off my internet security, still nothing. I did enable and disabled the network sharing and neither one would work. I also us windows vista.

Back