INTERNET TROUBLE!!!!!!!!! plz help!

alec

WiiChat Member
Jan 25, 2007
ok, I just recently tried to get a successful WIRED connection to my wii, here are my hardware stats:

Datel's Wii LAN Adapter
Comcast cable modem

i have comcast cable and comcast cable highspeed internet.
my wii is in another room from my computer.
I thought i hooked everything up correctly...

While the wii was off, i plugged the modem up, hooked up the cable to it, ran a ethernet cord from the modem to the LAN adapter which i plugged into an open usb slot on the wii...

When i turned the wii on, the LAN adapter light blinked then went steady, the modem's POWER, RECIEVE, and PC lights came on.

When i tested the WIRED connection, I got an error code "52120", and the LAN adapter light and modem's PC light turned off.

I went to nintendo's support site, and the code told me to unplug the modem, wait, then re-plug it. that didn't help.

I then entered all my connection info manually in the wii through the nintendo support site's intructions. I took longer to give me an error message, but again i got the same error code.

what do i do know? Any help would be awesome.

thank you for your time :)

Last edited:
no, but i figured Datel's "Wii lan Adapter" would work fine.
i guess i'll get my money back. could you direct me to the site where i could buy an official nintendo ethernet adapter plz?

If it's DATEL It should work. It might be your modem then..... Make sure everything is plugged in right. CHECK EVERYTHING.

Plug in your modem first, let it get synced/linked up, then hookup and turn on your wii.

Do you think that my firewall has anything to do with it? If i disable my firewall on the comp, will that effect my modem to where it allows the wii to connect?

Turning off my firewall did nothing...
WHY WON"T THIS DAMN THING CONNECT??????

AFter having interference issues with my wireless router, I went to Best Buy and got one of these figuring it would end the headache that connecting my Wii to the internet has become. But alas, it didn't work either. I called Nintendo and they said that only Nintendo's LAN adapter will work with the Wii. Sounds like b.s. to me, but I'm gonna order it and take the Datel back and see how it goes. I'll let you know when it gets

Well I have to say that you can't just get any USB ethernet adapter you find on the shelf. They each use a specific chipset and unless you just happen to get one that uses the same chipset as the Nintendo brand one you're out of luck.

mym6 said:
Well I have to say that you can't just get any USB ethernet adapter you find on the shelf. They each use a specific chipset and unless you just happen to get one that uses the same chipset as the Nintendo brand one you're out of luck.
Well the one I got said "For Nintendo Wii" on the box. That's why I figured it would work. That's also why I figured Nintendo was just trying to get my money for themself. :frown2:

I guess if it says for the Wii then call the manufacturer of the product. Does seem strange if it's marketed as for the Wii.

yeah, your best bet is calling the company who made it for tech support.. its their job, not nintendo, to make sure it works well with your hardware.. just good luck understanding them

Back