IP Scrambler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyHeavenly

WiiChat Member
Jul 17, 2007
Would someone please tell me what this is? Apparently, you get banned for it so it must be bad but where does it come from and how do you...get it off? I've looked all over the site and haven't found any info on them or any rules against them but I could be missing it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! :)

MyHeavenly said:
Would someone please tell me what this is? Apparently, you get banned for it so it must be bad but where does it come from and how do you...get it off? I've looked all over the site and haven't found any info on them or any rules against them but I could be missing it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! :)
You don't get banned for having an 'IP Scrambler'.
It does exactly what it sounds like. It changes your IP address.
Also called a Proxy.

Using an ip scrambler to bypass a ban is not allowed here at Wiichat. If a user is found using an ip scrambler to bypass his or her ban he or she would probably end up with another ban ontop of that. However as Prez mentioned its alright to have it as long as you don't use it to bypass bans.

Well, I hate to say it because I probably will be banned again, lol, but I did get banned and that's the reason it gives me. Also, in my intro thread, someone replied with "Use an ip scrambler much?" and then closed the thread. I've never been here before Sunday though. We only just got our wii on Saturday and we aren't "gamers". Not the serious kind that I see a lot of you are. Heck, I'm not at all, lol. My husband has an xbox and i think it's a ps2 but he hasn't played either much at all since he got back from deployment a few months ago. we don't know enough about all this to be doing anything that would get us banned let alone scramble our ip to do it some more. if i do have an ip scrambler, i don't know how i got it or how to get it off, lol. i like the forum and would love to keep posting but, if i'm just going to get banned every time for having an ip scrambler, whats the point? Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back