Is it just me, or is Call of Duty not worth the money?

I was VERY disappointed with this game. Its campaign did a bad job of making up for no multiplayer. I beat the game in 5 days...And the funny thing is, I didn't even feel like i played too long. I just did a couple missions a day, before you know it, the game was over. I had some pretty fun experiences in the game though, I love the controls, it seems like a rushed-job was done on the game, it lacks multiplayer, and more usage of the Wiimote/nunchuck movement features.

short campains sounds like a trend through Wii war games, MoH was good but was also too short,havnt playd CoD but i dont think i will after reading this thread.

Sorry to ask again, but I'm going to town later and am debating whether or not to get the game swaped over. Is anyone else experiencing lag? I.e. would it help if I get the disc replaced?

It could, but i mean... It could also be a heat thing.... After 6 hours or so my Wii will start to jump a little in Tiger woods 07... Nothing on the go with COD3 though.

I agree that if you move from the PC CoD series, COD3 is a bit hard... i think if i had a nice keyboard and mouse i'd do alot more asskicking that with the Wiimote. but the Wiimote is better than the frigging Joystick.

I think it's a start.....

I liked it though, I'm still in the process of beating it.

I agree with you there. I hated that game as well. I thought Medal Of Honour was much better than Call of Duty, even if MOH was kind of short as well.

The lag problem could just be intermittent - I had it on mine along with some responsiveness issues, which were quite bad at times - but on my mates machine there was no problems at all, and to be fair mine where now and again...who knows.

Back to the game itself...I have to agree that it lacks some depth and it is a little short overall BUT it is fun to play and some of the missions had some good action [although I couldn't stand the piss poor driving sections!!!]

I think the originator of the thread sort of hit all the downsides spot on but forgot to mention that the games is fun at least in short bursts..

Yeah. COD3 for the wii was very disappointing. I have borrowed it for the 360 and it is allot better. Better graphics, multiplayer, online etc.
I can't beleive the 360 version is only 10 dollars more. The wii version is a major rip off in comparison

Well I replaced the disc today and still have the same Lag problems.

Think I'm just going to get a refund!

Intense battle = intense slow down.

Such a shame :eek:(

Update: After speaking to Activision support I have come to the conclussion they are staffed by hairy monkeys. As a result I gave the game to a homeless person, hoping they may find a better use for it. Actualy I swapped it for Prince of Persia.

Yep, the strategy thing is important to me. that's why i'm looking forward to Band of Brothers.

Edit: crap, didn't see it was only bumped for one comment, by the op no less.

Call of Duty 2 was great. I have never played any of the others though, I will end up with either this of Medal of Honor Vanguard...

Back