Is my Wii Overheated? HELP!

FoReSt4EVR

WiiChat Member
Jul 21, 2009
ok , so over the last couple of weeks i go on my Nintendo Wii and on the main menu , i can see close up , some odd grey lines going across my TV Screen
(19inch dual LCD).Then i tried my brothers TV (32inch Samsung HDTV) and they where still there, i then went on The Conduit and i could see odd lines on walls what are white lines flickering,i then tried Mario 64 and on some parts of walls i could see the same thing. By the way im using a Component Cable(i tried the red/white/yellow cable but there still there)

is my wii overheated?
What could it be? :mad:

Sounds like a cable problem.

Also, try dusting off any dust you can, on the back of the wii and inside the slot where you plug in the component cable. Both on the wii and TV. Also, clean the cable itself.

Flashing green pixels (or squares of pixels) is a sign your GPU (graphics chip) has overheated.

If you see flashing white lines in some games, don't panic too much - it could be something as simple that you are seeing bad texture meshing - because you're using component cables it is a lot sharper so errors in the graphics aren't hidden by the general blurriness of composite!

The only thing that's concerning is the fact it happens in your Home menu - although the channel TV displays (for game, shopping, etc etc) do have a wavy scrolling background (it's supposed to look like a TV screen), just that you only really notice it when using Component cables.

Ive just tested the red/white/yellow cable and there is nothing .
no lines , no lines on the menu going across the screen

so its the cable i own i think ...

Back