ITT: Real Men Use Items!

Jay61

WiiChat Member
Mar 25, 2007
Wii Online Code
4116-4612-5453-3059
8aoya03qw1.jpg

I laughed quite alot apon reading the hidden message in the latest update. It would seem Sakurai (Or at least the translater) agrees that playing with items on is the way to go.

Take that tourney leet players!

don't go ape, its a bit of a joke thread..although I do agree, real men use items.

Yeah, I laughed too.

I agree, the occasional item match doesn't hurt. Items are a large part of the game and are pretty fun to play with.

the original quote was "real men use peach" as a sig from n-siders
*sigh* didn't save my sigs before n-sider closed down.

Cappin' flexes his muscles, eats banana and drops skin on floor

A new guy here, but do items really effect the game?

Yeah I agree.
Items make for funnier times.

Cpt. McCloud said:
A new guy here, but do items really effect the game?

Not entirely , but like I said throwing items with friends and stuff makes for good times, seeing others get angry etc. is hilarious.

Playing without them is good fun as well.

i definitely like playing with them better with friends, as if you chuck a bobomb at a friend only to have it ricocheted back at you becuase they used zeldas neutral b, the feeling is priceless on both sides. good times.

The first picture is pretty funny, but it still blows me away how we tournament players receive so much flack for playing the game how we want. Items have an off switch, so obviously Sakurai intended for everyone to have fun and play the game however they want. There is no honor is playing the game as the creator intended. Items can be fun (first, you have to recognize that fun completely personal and cannot be thrown around like a scientific term), and I use items when playing very casually with friends who are not very good, but in competition, they just do not hold up.

http://roabs.blogspot.com/2007/11/fate-of-items-in-smash.html
http://roabs.blogspot.com/2007/11/fate-of-items-in-smash-part-2.html
http://roabs.blogspot.com/2007/11/you-are-no-fun.html

Also, the image needs to be corrected. Even though Nintendo represents a group of people, it is a singular entity in the sentence: "Even Nintendo thinks you're wankers."

Last edited:
You guys should really atleast attempt to know what you're talking about before starting such a hot topic.

The one and only reason why items are banned is because of the RANDOMLY exploding crates and barrels. If it were not for those, items would be turned on in 99% of tournaments.

It will be interesting to see how this will end in Brawl, seeing as exploding crates and barrels have returned, but they now have a symbol identifying themselves.

I just said it as a fun intended comment. In the past I discussed this a few times on here so theres no need to get this topic back up. It was just fun seeing that nintendo made such a comment/joke

LevesqueIsKing said:
You guys should really atleast attempt to know what you're talking about before starting such a hot topic.

The one and only reason why items are banned is because of the RANDOMLY exploding crates and barrels. If it were not for those, items would be turned on in 99% of tournaments.

It will be interesting to see how this will end in Brawl, seeing as exploding crates and barrels have returned, but they now have a symbol identifying themselves.
That's why crates and barrels have an off switch? o_O

They don't randomly explode, a small percentage explode when you hit them. If these players are so good that they are tourny worthy surely they can be accurate enough not to hit boxes?

Back