I've bought 3 Wiimotes, all of them don't work... what am i doing wrong

Ike

WiiChat Member
Jan 30, 2009
OK.. so i saw that there is a sticky thread discussing everything you need to know about Wiimote's, but it still didn't answer my questions.

I have four wiimotes'. One works fine.. always has. The second one I could never get to work. Best buy refused to take it back. I just bought two more over the weekend, to replace my broken one, and neither of them worked. I bought brand new batteries for them and everything.

The problem with them is that they don't turn on when I hit the power button. So i'll pop the back off and hit the sync button, but all that does is make the four blue squares start blinking and then they go away. I've tried regular batteries and lithuim batteries. (I've heard that rechargeable aren't wise for wiimotes)

What am i doing wrong here? Surely my luck isn't that bad.... 3 out of 4 wiimotes don't work, I gotta be doing something wrong... any advice?

Trying to sync a Remote to your Wii? :yesnod:

Do this on the Wii's channel screen or shortly after launching the game. It may not work if you are into the game's sub menus.
  • For the first time:
    • open the small Flash Drive door on front of the Wii.
    • remove the battery cover on the back of the remote.
    • hit the red button found inside the Wii's door then the red button on inside the Remotes battery compartment.
    • watch blue flashing lights on Remote.

• Temp synch or rotating remotes?
    • simply hit the home button on a remote
    • point to Remote Menu at the bottom of the screen
      • it highlights blue when you point to it
    • click on reconnect remotes
    • follow onscreen instructions
helpful? :yesnod:

you may not need all of this info.. just certain parts

So i'll pop the back off and hit the sync button, but all that does is make the four blue squares start blinking and then they go away.

You have to also press the red button on the front of the Wii behind the SD card slot door. This is all explained in the manual.

Back