Lack to Play DVD's

ebittner

WiiChat Member
May 12, 2006
When I first got my GameCube I was a little upset that it could not play DVD's it was not to big of a deal but I was wondering do you think that it had any impact on sales?

I think it would have a bit, I certainly was a little disappointed when I heard that it could only play the small GC discs.

Yeah... I found it annoying when I heard about it... yet I still purchased it because I loved Nintendo.

I was not mad at all becasue I just use my PS2 if I want to watch a movie it is not that big of a deal for me atleast.

ebittner said:
When I first got my GameCube I was a little upset that it could not play DVD's it was not to big of a deal but I was wondering do you think that it had any impact on sales?

I doubt it had that much of an impact, but I'm sure it didn't help, either. I heard that's why Blockbuster practically shuns GC. Doesn't play DVD's, don't rent DVD's.

Daniel92 said:
well that is why they sell DVD players....game cube does not have to play them beacause they are for games not dvd's
Exactly... I was bout to say prety much the exact same thing, But then i saw you already did

im_a_super_smash_bro said:
What about the wii, can the wii play dvds?

Additionally, at E3 2005, Nintendo revealed that a small internal attachment to be sold as an add-on to the console will allow Wii to play DVD-Video.

Taken straight from the Wiki article.

Back