Problems with the GameCube

yes, even without the multiplayer issues and problems, the GC is still a very enjoyable and worthwhile console. I owe ninty one

i think that nintendo would have made a much larger profit if they had made the gamecube compatible with 4.6gig DVD-Rs, instead they got carried away with copying and piracy, even though there would have been some piracy, it would have been sold much more.

one thing also about gcn, i prefer its control over any other consoles controller, ps2 controller wasnt any good cause this thing would happen inside it and stuff would get stuck under the R2 and L2 buttons which meant u had to shake the controller a bit and in my friends case smack the controller on the ground out of frustration. GCN was also better in the way that it was most portable (fairl obvious) and that u could change its circle lid thing. I actually won a metroid prime name plate for my gcn cause i entered a comp on www.nintendo.com.au and won. but then again, there was like 400+ winners :lol:

I had a PS2,XBOX and Gamecube. Personally, I always preferred the Gamecube. My fave games were titles like Super Mario Sunshine, Pikmin, Resident Evil and other Gamecube exclusives. I thought the games felt slightly better quality than PS2 or XBOX. Games never crashed on my cube whereas they did on PS2 and XBOX. Also, PS2 broke down and I had to throw it out. Gamecube never gave me any trouble. I think the only real problem was that Nintendo is still trying to shake off the "kiddie" image. A lot of teenagers will go for Sony or Microsoft because they are looked upon as "cooler"!! Quite ridiculous but that's the reason.

I've never understood why Halo & Halo 2 were hyped so much. I never thought it had any qualities which made it stand out from other first person shooters. The world would be a boring place if everyone thought the same though. I thought Metroid Prime had better graphics, better gameplay and was more original.

I've made my mind up that I'm getting a Wii. I genuinely think it looks more exciting and fun than the other two next-gen consoles. Also, you don't have to get a HD-ready T.V. to play it on. I'd never be able to afford a 32 inch high-def TV. And to be perfectly honest I think it's technology for technologies sake. Blu-Ray and HD-DVD are getting hyped up and it's ridiculous. The quality of picture you get with a standard DVD is perfect.

Back