Status
Not open for further replies.

King of Pop

Platinum Lord
Mar 27, 2009
Chicago, Illinois
Wii Online Code
1254-9433-9791-1069
was absolutely the most chaotic night ever.... we were being raided. in fact i dunno if i can come back due to poor modding....

see ya on Ninstation

Last edited:
Probably raided by Ninstation to try and get people to join.
It doesn't surprise me that there'd be people who'd think that so let's put that rumor to rest real fast.

Consider that the mod who did 99% (100%?) of the work to clean up the spam here on WiiChat is also a mod at Ninstation... why would they create work for themselves?

And he can see IP addresses on both sites. If the spammers here were any users at Ninstation, he could tell in about 2 seconds who was making his life hell. In fact, in the past we've already connected various spammers as all being the same person on different forums.

WiiChat has its own issues and doesn't need another forum to trigger spamfests. It had spam raids before Ninstation existed, but back then there were more mods/admins around to deal with them.

Why you still here?
If your forum is so much better than here why stay?
see ya on Ninstation
byepv6.gif

No you wont.
Nothing personal. But I can't be arsed joining another mostly Wii forum.
Probably raided by Ninstation to try and get people to join.
Maybe.
But it is a rather childish way to get people to join a site and will probably end up with the site getting raided back witch will end up in a forum war.

So yes childish.
But not in a good way,

But it is a rather childish way to get people to join a site and will probably end up with the site getting raided back witch will end up in a forum war.

So yes childish.
But not in a good way,
Agreed. So if it was an attack by a forum, it wasn't Ninstation. Or if it was any of those users, I'm not aware of it.

But go ahead and ask Napalmbrain. He's the mod here who had to clean up everything. He can see IPs at both ends. Let him tell you himself if you don't believe me.

Well I've checked, and the attackers don't seem to be anyone from Ninstation. Of course I don't think they'd be the type of people to do that sort of crap.

Why you still here?
If your forum is so much better than here why stay?
byepv6.gif

No you wont.
Nothing personal. But I can't be arsed joining another mostly Wii forum.
Think of it like a "successor" forum in the event that this place disappears when i0n forgets to pay the webhosting bills or something (and it probably will). Fair enough if you don't want to join though.

All I've gotta say is a big thank you to Napalm for getting rid of all of the spam and whatnot so we can still have this forum running somewhat properly.

So, nice job. :thumbsup:

Damn, I missed it! How many spammers are we talking about?

And what do you mean we were being "raided"?

Thanks. :)

Damn, I missed it! How many spammers are we talking about?

And what do you mean we were being "raided"?
There was an attack by about 5 spammers somewhere around 5-7 AM (British time). They flooded the forum with spam, posted gay sex pictures, revived old topics, and generally got on everyone's nerves.

All I've gotta say is a big thank you to Napalm for getting rid of all of the spam and whatnot so we can still have this forum running somewhat properly.

So, nice job. :thumbsup:
Yes, Napalm's modding abilities here are one of the reasons he was made a mod there.

It's unfortunate that his abilities at WiiChat are so restricted/castrated.

There is always WiiLoaded ;D

Also, cheers to Nb.

You guys shoulda been here. It was fun, watching 5 idiots make themselves look more idiotic with each post.

Good job, Napalm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back